• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DRK/USD?

Link item price to USD?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

darkness

I am currently making a site which will accept DRK only, but I don't want to link the price to USD.

For example most sites give a price in USD and then the crypto amount will vary depending on how much each cryptocoin is worth in USD.

In shops, if the value of an item suddenly drops they just change the price of the item in USD to reflect that. It is not linked to another value (especially not a fiat currency).

If there has to be a basis shouldn't it be a combination of something with actual value? (gold, oil, etc.) combined with number of coins?

I'm not an economist so I'm probably missing something major :p

I am currently making a site which will accept DRK only, but I don't want to link the price to USD.

For example most sites give a price in USD and then the crypto amount will vary depending on how much each cryptocoin is worth in USD.

In shops, if the value of an item suddenly drops they just change the price of the item in USD to reflect that. It is not linked to another value (especially not a fiat currency).

If there has to be a basis shouldn't it be a combination of something with actual value? (gold, oil, etc.) combined with number of coins?

I'm not an economist so I'm probably missing something major :p

I would tend to agree with dogreenmon, while the dollar has its issues its still the world reserve currency at the moment, and with its popularity im sure the USD conversion makes it easy on crypto newbies like myself to quickly identify the actual price of an item. so I would stick with the dollar conversion myself. just my 2cents.

Also I would love to check out the site when you get it open, im guessing your doing something with e-commerce?

Back