• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Does anyone know a good password recovery service?

r-ando

Foundation Member
Hi,

My password was recently changed somehow and I was wondering if someone could recommend a good password recovery service. I hear Tungfa might know one, thanks any help is super appreciated, cheers

Hi,

My password was recently changed somehow and I was wondering if someone could recommend a good password recovery service. I hear Tungfa might know one, thanks any help is super appreciated, cheers
Please dumpprivkey your address where you keep the coins next time, even if you loose the password you still have the access to your coins.

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate the help. Ill watch the video on how to dump the priv key today for sure, thanks Buster. Also big thanks Tungfa, Il contact him today and Il definitely say hi, thanks again! All the best,

Raphael

I would recommend you store password with password manager KeePass or LastPass so that you will not forget it again.

I actually had my password stored in multiple locations, the problem is the password doesnt work anymore... I really dont understand what could have happened, I would copy paste it from a USB when I needed to use it and now it suddenly doesnt work anymore... Its really weird, thanks though.

I actually had my password stored in multiple locations, the problem is the password doesnt work anymore... thanks though.
There has to be a logic why it doesn't work anymore, either you have changed it or someone else has changed it.

I know, someone must have changed it somehow...

At least my other wallets still work or I would be crying right now. I compared the different locations where I had it stored and it was changed. sigh... I think my computer must have been infected with some malware that stored it when I would copy paste it, its the only thing I can think about unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I also considered is that when I stored it on a USB (although the USB I used was encrypted - Iron key) and copy pasted it, it was visible on my computer screen, maybe someone could see my screen through some malware?

That would be freaky also for masternodes when we start them up as the password is visible, just to throw that out there so people are safe. Fortunately my masternodes had been booted from a different computer and those coins were safe even though my bank apparently got hacked...

Are you trying to use your password in a qt wallet console using single or double quotes?

moli lastpass uses a server to store your password? Keepass files stay on your computer, can't get hacked like that. I recommend r-ando to use keepass, it's an app I could not live without anymore :)

moli lastpass uses a server to store your password? Keepass files stay on your computer, can't get hacked like that. I recommend r-ando to use keepass, it's an app I could not live without anymore :)
I think lastpass data is encrypted and only decrypt in local PC. So it is still safe . At least for now.!

Hey Tungfa, Do you remember how much he charges for that service?

i think it was 20% ?! but i am honestly not sure
i think all details are on his webpage

just to clarify
he can NOT crack your encryption or anything like that,
he will help to recover a 'lost' password
meaning, you give him the passwords you think you used and he will work around that !

My story went like this:
I had my password, but suddenly it did not work anymore when i tried to get my MN set up,
i tried and tried all kind of variations
after 3 days of trying (+ going crazy)
i contacted Dave,
gave him my wallet.dat (with 1000 Dash !!) + the password it should have been
2 days later:
password recovered (there was a spelling mistake in the password)
he send me back my wallet.dat (- 20%)
and all done and happy !

I know of a couple of other guys who used him too
(with serious amounts of BTC)

Edit:
high 5 to KeePass
i use that too, evan on iPhone ! amazing app + he now accepts Dash for donations
(gotta love the germans)

Back