• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Do freelance Bitcoin developers know about Dash ?

Icebucket

I was browsing for freelancers for a project Im currently working on and it just struck me that maybe some of the freelance Bitcoin developers looking for work on these sites possibly do not know about our funding mechanism.

I know that the proposal phase is in place so posting on these sites is sortof backwards, but how about posting a job explaining that we have this process and If they have a project in mind they could apply for funding for that.

Could not hurt to advertise for talent on these sites :)

Sites like this one, There are allot of them out there, this one is just to name an example
https://www.toptal.com/bitcoin

I've asked about this countless times. We need a bounty system for Dash. Open Sourced. DGBB funded bounty system w/ escrow included would be a game changer, tie in some github commit milestones or what not and it runs itself.

edit:

https://github.com/bountysource/core

It's already built for Bitcoin, we just need a Dash version.

double edit:

And btw this would kill the need for continually "adding" people to the core team under a umbrella style proposals. It would also enable developers to be paid fairly for the amount they contribute, instead of fixed amounts for varying amounts of work.

I've asked about this countless times. We need a bounty system for Dash. Open Sourced. DGBB funded bounty system w/ escrow included would be a game changer, tie in some github commit milestones or what not and it runs itself.
I agree, there has been done some beta testing for few months now with the current proposal system, and hopefully there will be some upgrade to the process in the future.
But that discussion deserves a thread for it self.

Returning to the topic at hand,

I have no doubt about that if a developer would be given a choice about ether to develop their own ideas.
And get payd for it, or work on some other peoples projects. They would opt for their own idea that they have a passion for.

Maybe they have had a project in mind that they really want to do but need to work on other paying projects,
and postpone some revolutionary innovation they have planed in their heads, who knows.

I´m not sure the strategy of hoping to attract top tier developers will work unless they are made aware of Dash and its funding mechanism.

A wise man sayd one time. “There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.” :rolleyes:

One other thing comes to mind, If they have been on these sites for some time they have a reputation to uphold and reviews from previous clients.
This is something that could give MN ops confidence in the proposal, gauge the skill level and efficiency of particular developer.

Last edited:
Back