• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Disable masternode and pull all funds

Bitcoinbitmyass

Hello! I'm looking to disable my masternode and move the funds to another wallet to cold storage them. How would I get around to doing this? I'm currently on windows 8 and have followed Tao's masternode guide to the letter.

Thanks!

Why disabling masternode when you can keep it running and having funds in a cold storage at the same time (well, at least until next major protocol bump)? But if you really want to do this you can a) run "masternode stop" command from console on remote wallet b) move funds out of MN address and you'll be kicked out of list automatically

Hello! I'm looking to disable my masternode and move the funds to another wallet to cold storage them. How would I get around to doing this? I'm currently on windows 8 and have followed Tao's masternode guide to the letter.

Thanks!
If you have your cold wallet.dat file generated and have the address, load up the masternode wallet.dat file and send it to the new cold wallet.dat's address. Your masternode will be deactivated. If you're not planning on running it again for a while, destroy the instance on vultr (assuming vultr because you said you followed Tao's guide). Doesn't make a whole lot of sense though because Tao's guide essentially has a cold wallet already for the cold-remote setup.

Why disabling masternode when you can keep it running and having funds in a cold storage at the same time (well, at least until next major protocol bump)? But if you really want to do this you can a) run "masternode stop" command from console on remote wallet b) move funds out of MN address and you'll be kicked out of list automatically
I agree, treat the masternode as your cold wallet. As long as you never send out from it, there will never be a public key in the blockchain.

Thanks, I need the funds in cold storage to be soon traded in and out of my hot wallets regularly, can't be running a masternode without any coins and then double the amount.

Back