December 2015 Budget Proposal

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
It’s that time again, here are the budget proposals for this month. We’re really looking forward to the mexico conference, see you there!

Previous Items:

Core Team Budget - $2904 - 1176 DASH (ongoing)
Public Awareness Campaign - $5500 (ongoing)

We’ve been working on our public awareness campaign, which is getting highly organized. You can see more information about this here:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-project-expenses-community-report-september-2015.6486/

Liquidity Providers - $300

We have created a new team to support the network by providing liquidity for the mixing on the network. Results for mixing on the network look promising, users have reported being able to mix in a few hours instead of days.

New Proposal Items:

New Website Acquired - DASH.ORG

We are extremely happy to announce we’ve successfully acquired the domain dash.org! This took months and many team members to successfully close this deal, so we thank all involved. Total costs for this purchase are $20,329.99, split up in four payments of 2100/DASH per month.

Full Announcment: https://dashtalk.org/threads/announcing-dash-org.6969/

laBITconf Video Advertising Budget - $3120

We have prepared a presentation targeting the Bitcoin community for the Mexico conference and have designed an advertising plan to show the video to lots of people outside of our community. This is intended to start a conversion about Dash technology in the greater community.

December Budget:

Last edited by a moderator:

mjsrs

Aug 6, 2014
why the difference between the values in your text and the values in December's table?

stan.distortion

Oct 30, 2014
The plan is to take a video of the my talk and promote it via the budget system :cool:
Cool, 1500 seems a bit steep but after all the uncertainty with the Bitcoin Wednesday vid imo it's worth it to know the vid will be available. I'd be interested to know if Alex is involved with production, live feeds etc. but I'm guessing all that will be discussed elsewhere, looking forward to it :)

Reactions: Dunedoo

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Thats interesting with China, it would never have occured to me that they can not even download the wallet due to the 'other' great wall of China, would have been a none starter for most people before then.
So whats the situation with being able to host a masternode through the big wall, is it doable?

Last edited by a moderator:

mjsrs

Aug 6, 2014
let me try to be more specific to see if anyone can help me understand that table...

laBITconf Video Advertising Budget - $3000 but in the table it's $3120 ??
New Website Acquired - DASH.ORG - $20,329.99 divided by 4 it's $5082,49 and in the table it's $4368 ??

another thing, my suggestion is to include the dates of the transactions in the table too.

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
let me try to be more specific to see if anyone can help me understand that table...

New Website Acquired - DASH.ORG - $20,329.99 divided by 4 it's $5082,49 and in the table it's $4368 ??

another thing, my suggestion is to include the dates of the transactions in the table too.
Actual dash price?
https://dashtalk.org/threads/announcing-dash-org.6969/ here it was 2,42$ now it was 2,08$ or meaby I`m wrong....so probably each month budget is adjusted on actual dash price.
eduffield am I right?

bertlebbert

Jul 17, 2014

Based on Dash price at time domain was acquired, the amount to reimburse is 4 x 2100 coins... the $4368 is 2100 x current price ($2.08 per coin).
And by the same reasoning, the $3000 budget amount at $2.00 would calculate to 1500 coins... the $3120 is 1500 x current price ($2.08 per coin).

Reactions: Dunedoo and mjsrs

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
Cool, 1500 seems a bit steep but after all the uncertainty with the Bitcoin Wednesday vid imo it's worth it to know the vid will be available. I'd be interested to know if Alex is involved with production, live feeds etc. but I'm guessing all that will be discussed elsewhere, looking forward to it :)
There's a nice promotional tool called virool, where we got thousands of views (~4000 I think) last time for about $400. So imagine a well targeted video at the Bitcoin community funded at $3120 and that's what we're aiming for. We'll see what happens, I'm excited to see the outcome.

Based on Dash price at time domain was acquired, the amount to reimburse is 4 x 2100 coins... the $4368 is 2100 x current price ($2.08 per coin).
And by the same reasoning, the $3000 budget amount at $2.00 would calculate to 1500 coins... the $3120 is 1500 x current price ($2.08 per coin).
You got it. I corrected the post.

bertlebbert

Jul 17, 2014
Does the LP proposal need to be re-added? I don't see it in the list to vote on.
I suppose eduffield just hasn't yet submitted the proposal. I notice he lists another item (Bitcoin Wednesday for 667.31 Dash), also not yet submitted; which of course begs the question... details?

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
Does the LP proposal need to be re-added? I don't see it in the list to vote on.
Yeah, looks like I only set it up for one month last time. I added it again, please vote for:
29381ace6dd925cf639f0fe19d14ee3c33fa7a340ef89e58a78ebf4df5ba5c38

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
I'm sorry to seem so lazy, LOL, but I'm also getting confused. Could you please put up the information on which proposals are ready to be voted on? Thanks :)

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
Reactions: buster

BolehVPN

Nov 24, 2014
I am unhappy with the way this month's proposals were made for a few reasons. You can already see from the previous posts that some doubt and uncertainty is creeping in and I hope this is nipped in the bud.

Rushed Proposal Post and Sparse Details on IaBITCconf Video

You can tell that the last post was rushed and I know that it is tedious to get these things up but for transparency, effort should be put into this. Compare how detailed the first post for budget proposals was made.

For example, laBITconf Video Advertising Budget - $3120
Is this purely for advertising budget only to promote a video of you talking at the conference? Not very much details as to how this USD 3120 is to be spent.
I don't this would be an appropriate video to spend so much money to promote. As in your own published stats, there is a huge drop off in audience retention for longer videos and videos of people talking at conferences aren't the right type of videos to be spending money on to promote.
More details please (as echoed by previous posters).

Dash.org Domain

Although I agree on the importance of obtaining dash.org domain and maybe even the price, in a way this was done without asking the community if they were willing to fund it and is instead after the fact. For this particular instance I understand why this was done as this deal needed to be completed quickly or kept quiet to prevent other people from trying to derail the deal. So to be clear, I understand why this was done in this way but just some caution...

I just would hope that these type of scenarios are kept to a minimum and that if where possible, it should be placed in a budget proposal first. Otherwise this may raise questions as to how come the developers are so willing to come up money, whether it's cause they really have belief in the project or is it cause they control a huge chunk of masternodes and are therefore confident that they would be reimbursed.

Liquidity Providers

I hope this is a short term interim thing rather than throwing money at a problem for short term functionality. An ETA on a solution for this or some updates on the situation here would be appreciated.

I am thankful for the work Eduffield and the rest of the Dash team has put in and believe that they are acting with good intentions in putting forward these proposals. I also highly commend the Dash Project Expenses Community Report and hope it is kept updated to monitor progress. Let's not make it into another almost defunct Dash Foundation.

So let's not cut any corners and put proper effort into these budget proposal posts as these things can be sensitive.

If Eduffield is busy, perhaps another Dash member can help flesh out these posts in more detail before they go live.

bertlebbert

Jul 17, 2014
And as I mentioned in prior post, OP lists 3rd item as Bitcoin Wednesday for 667.31 Dash, but no proposal has been submitted for this.

Is that simply listed in OP in error? Or is it to be a December budget proposal? If so, maybe just a brief, general description of what it is for.

reezjue

Nov 24, 2015
I agree 100% his opinion. What i see is the budget is overspent to something we dont really know where it goes....it should consult with community for every spend that have made and check the result to see is it worth or not.

If we really want to go big...we need to convince outside world about dash...but before that we need to convince our community that we are on the right track.

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Liquidity Providers
I hope this is a short term interim thing rather than throwing money at a problem for short term functionality. An ETA on a solution for this or some updates on the situation here would be appreciated.
If Eduffield is busy, perhaps another Dash member can help flesh out these posts in more detail before they go live.
I will answer for the liquidity providers.
We were paid once in October, and continued to do November out of good will really, I think some were not sure when the agreement actually ended.
I choose to have the liquidityprovider=1 in the config, this means mixing happens every block (instead of every 15), the consequence of this is that I get charged 15 times more in denominations for running the hot wallet than normal settings, this makes roughly 1.5 Dash per month.

Coupled with the operating costs of around $0.75 per day, this is a break even point (less with hardware costs) but that doesn't matter because it is necessary atm and mixing would be slower otherwise.
We do this to help the network and as far as I know this is a short term workaround until Evolution comes online..

fuzzyduck

Feb 19, 2015
i would like to see the full commands for each of the proposals. Since im not on dashwhale im clueless how to obtain these commands.

thx.

crowning

May 29, 2014
Alpha Centauri Bc

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
And as I mentioned in prior post, OP lists 3rd item as Bitcoin Wednesday for 667.31 Dash, but no proposal has been submitted for this.

Is that simply listed in OP in error? Or is it to be a December budget proposal? If so, maybe just a brief, general description of what it is for.
I've removed it, It wasn't suppose to be there.