• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Debug window not accessible, 32bit linux

Icebucket

Hi everybody, been traveling the world so I have not been around lately. But nice to see that darkcoin is improving every day.

This issue Im having has been addressed in the past, but seems that it still is happening for me atleast.

The problem back then was some memmory issue that flare took notice of.

The thing is that I sometimes have to restart my wallet 10 times for the icon on the top to finally appear. So I can access the debug window.

So I wanted to suggest a tiny change to the wallet.

If it is possible to add a debug window option to the main linux icon on the side panel of linux.
When right clicked it would show the Debug window option.

I made a pic just to clarify things.

UrTkbv4.png

Sorry for maybe being ignorant, but isnt that an issue with the unity desktop environment.

Dont you get a menu when you move your mouse in the top left corner? Help > Debug. Should work.

Yep, this is window manager related. I don't remember the solution exactly, but it was something like killing and restarting a related process.

Ugh, where are the File | Settings | Help dropdown menus?

Unity is an abomination, give Mate or XFCE or KDE or, well, just about anything else a try instead.

edit: http://lifehacker.com/5887462/how-to-disable-ubuntus-annoying-global-menu-bar
Code:
sudo apt-get autoremove appmenu-gtk appmenu-gtk3 appmenu-qt
... worked for me on a Ubuntu 14.04/Unity in virtualbox, got the drop down menus back. :)

unity.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for maybe being ignorant, but isnt that an issue with the unity desktop environment.

Dont you get a menu when you move your mouse in the top left corner? Help > Debug. Should work.

no menu appears in the top left corner :/

Ugh, where are the File | Settings | Help dropdown menus?

Unity is an abomination, give Mate or XFCE or KDE or, well, just about anything else a try instead.

edit: http://lifehacker.com/5887462/how-to-disable-ubuntus-annoying-global-menu-bar
Code:
sudo apt-get autoremove appmenu-gtk appmenu-gtk3 appmenu-qt
... worked for me on a Ubuntu 14.04/Unity in virtualbox, got the drop down menus back. :)
dont understand, im a complicate linux noob, will this allow me to access the debug window?
is there some other-way to get into the debug window without that icon that does not appear for me ?

dont understand, im a complicate linux noob, will this allow me to access the debug window?
is there some other-way to get into the debug window without that icon that does not appear for me ?

1. Open a terminal window (click the ubuntu symbol at the top of the menu thing that runs up the left of the screen and type 'xterm' to find it)

2. Type or copy and paste (highlight with mouse to copy, middle click to paste) 'sudo apt-get autoremove appmenu-gtk appmenu-gtk3 appmenu-qt' without the quotes into the terminal and hit Enter, then enter your password when prompted; if the terminal asks you a question type 'y' to agree to get rid of the stuff you have just asked it to remove.

3. Restart your wallet. It should now be deretardified and you should see the drop down menus.

4. Access the debug window via Help > Debug window > Console tab.

5. Rejoice!

oh wait.. Tryed it again on a different wallet and it worked.. my mistake, Thanks for this fix Crouton:smile:

Back