• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DCG Budget System Change Discussion : Missing the specifics

qwizzie

Question :

Will the next imminent decision proposal from Dash Core Group that focus on changing the Dash budget system, be pre-discussed on the Dash forums (DashPay Reddit, Dash.org/forum, Dash Nation Discord), before the decision proposal gets launched on the network? So far feedback seems to have been collected from the DashTalk Discord only, other official Dash sources for gathering feedback seems to have been largely ignored. This undermines the guidelines from Dash Core Group itself (from strophy), with regards to proposals and the need to gather feedback through pre-discussion on several official Dash channels at the same time.

Answer :

(Ryan): Discussions were held with the community throughout the winter and spring. Prior to the first proposal, we held a series of videoconferences, chats, and AMAs on Reddit and Telegram, and opened each of those discussions to comments and questions. We promoted those events through all Dash social media channels. I also went on Joel’s podcast to discuss the proposed changes and took questions there. We put a great deal of emphasis on providing a lot of opportunities to provide input or ask questions. If you have comments you’d like to share, and missed all the previous opportunities, you can still share your thoughts anytime on Discord through a direct message.

Source : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/community-q-a-q3-2020-summary-call.50862/#post-223968

There is a difference between discussing changes to the budget system in a very broad way many many many months ago, while focusing mainly on the blockreward allocation change discussions and having discussions about the specifics of the changes in our budget system on all our Dash forums. Having the discussions about the specifics of those changes to our budget system done only on DashTalk Discord and on a single podcast, is just a very bad way of collecting feedback from the whole Dash community and providing information to the whole Dash community.

I did not even know the specifics of the proposed change by Ryan Taylor, until he commented on another decision proposal on Dash Central, one that also focused on changes to the Dash budget system. Getting a reference link to https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/dash-economics.150/ where those specifics in changes to our budget system are also missing, is just a bad way of replying to my question.

If this decision proposal of Dash Core Group about changes to our budget system emerge on the network without any pre-discussion on its specifics on all Dash forums, i will consider it a failed attempt at collecting feedback from the whole Dash community prior to launch, and i will treat it accordingly.

Last edited:
On a related note, maybe it's just me but I sometimes think the Discord thing is given too much attention. I can't sign into it or re-register, am always running into problems with it. And besides, I don't even like that mode of communication.

While I'm at it, I can't even get feedback from Core on my "No Vote, No Count" pre-proposal, so why should I bother engaging with their proposals?

Back