• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash's killer app?..

sureshot780

I'm heavily invested in DASH, and I'm thinking about DASH's unique proposition compared to other rising stars (Ethereum, NEM, XRP, etc.).

I've heard it said that digital cash IS the killer app. However, there are cases in history where people have gravitated towards transacting currencies that have some intrinsic value. For example, many people in Africa transact value through exchanging cellphone minutes, and back in the colonial days of North America people used tobacco or whatever they could find that had some intrinsic value. I know that these aren't ideal currencies for many reasons, and I know that DASH has some very nice properties that might make it technically superior for being MONEY (finite emission/inflation, fungibility, instant send).

My concern is that other currencies have actual intrinsic value, such as being used as 'fuel' for distributed platforms like Ethereum NEM Ripple which have productive capability in their own rights (not just as a means of exchange).

Think of the world today, if oil had all of the benefits of a cryptocurrency, wouldn't people just transact directly in oil? Similarly, imagine a world in the future where the entire digital economy is fueled by Ether, and people skip using 'plain' money (like DASH) and transact directly in Ether which has intrinsic value due to its ability to power the productive forces of the world economy.

Thoughts?..

Back