• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash v12.3 testnet masternode

Gegosoft

Dear Members,

As i newbie for dash coin, so i try to setup testnet, as per below instruction,

cd home directory
git clone github moocowmoo dashman (don't mistaken i can't able to post url as i am new user to avoid spam)
home directory dashman dashman install

after it's completed the process, unfortunately i didn't noted the masternode private key, but i have to setup private key in dash configuration file, so can you please help me to find or recover that same key.

Please help me, it's very urgent for us

Thanks

Clipboard01.png
https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/masternodes/setup.html

Hi,

Thanks for the guidance, you still not understand my issue, actually i have completed those steps, as far my knowledge, i didn't found any private key generated or it has generated, but i didn't noted, something wrong, now i have to receover the private key, without new key generation or something .. So please help me...

Thanks

Why do you need to recover it? The mnprivkey is not important if the masternode is not running yet, just generate a new key and start it using that. Particularly on testnet - I don't understand why you need to recover this specific key.

Why do you need to recover it? The mnprivkey is not important if the masternode is not running yet, just generate a new key and start it using that. Particularly on testnet - I don't understand why you need to recover this specific key.

Hi, Again i have tried the same steps, please check the attached screenshot for your reference, the same i didn't find the mnprivkey this time also, ok as per your suggestion(just generate a new key and start it using that), how to generate the new key, as well, what are the config files, i have to change to run this server as testnet server(example:dash.conf), also how to run the dash as system service, so that it can more useful to start & stop the service, whenever we require, also how to monitor, if the service is unfortunately crashed & how to recover the same,so please guide me as much as brief & detailed, so that it will be more userful for us, to continue further.
Thanks for your reply & advanced help...

Attachments

• dash_err.png
    dash_err.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 104
Your screenshot doesn't show any errors - what am I looking at there?

dashman normally sets up a masternode for mainnet, so you will either need to follow the manual installation instructions or change a few settings in both dash.conf and sentinel. Everything you need to know is described at the links below:
The documentation may be available in languages other than English as well - check out the new language switcher at the top right!

If you prefer interactive help, join us on Discord at dashchat.org or staydashy.org - there are plenty of people there that can help you through the steps :)

Dear Sir,

As per your guidance, i have tried to restart after complete the testnode setup, but couldn't start, instead i have following error, as well here i have mentioned our dash configuration settings, so please check it & guide me to resolve the issue.

Dash Config:

testnet=1
rpcuser=dash
rpcpassword=Dash@1234
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=19999
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=64
externalip=45.76.100.5
#----
#masternode=1
#masternodeprivkey=<replace_with_mnprivkey>

==========================

Error:

dash@Gego-Omni-Testnet:~/.dashcore/testnet3$ sudo ~/dashman/dashman restart
[sudo] password for dash:
dashman version 0.1.27 (0.1.27) - Mon Oct 22 09:52:44 UTC 2018
restart dashd? [y/N] y
--> Deleting cache files, debug.log... DONE!
--> Starting dashd... DONE!
--> Waiting for dashd to respond....
- dashd unexpectedly quit. Exiting.
dash@Gego-Omni-Testnet:~/.dashcore/testnet3$ sudo ~/dashman/dashman status
dashman version 0.1.27 (0.1.27) - Mon Oct 22 09:52:55 UTC 2018
gathering info, please wait... error: couldn't connect to server: EOF reached (code 1)
(make sure server is running and you are connecting to the correct RPC port)
DONE!

hostname : Gego-Omni-Testnet
host uptime/load average : 11 days, 5.73 5.45 5.03
dashd bind ip address : 45.76.100.5
dashd version : 0.12.3.3
dashd up-to-date : YES
dashd running : NO
dashd uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 17 mins, 59 secs
dashd responding (rpc) : NO
dashd listening (ip) : YES
dashd connecting (peers) : YES
dashd port open : YES
dashd connection count : 8
dashd blocks synced : NO
last block (local dashd) : 0
(chainz) : 958048
(dash.org) : 958049
(dashwhale) : 958048
(masternode.me) : 958048 - no forks detected
dashd current difficulty :
masternode count : 0
Exiting.

OK, something is causing dashd to exit. Let's try to start dashd manually to see what is causing it to crash/exit. Type this:

cd ~/.dashcore
dashd

Let me know what output you see. Also, I don't think you should use dashman for a testnet masternode, it adds an additional piece of complication, since it is not designed to work on testnet. Maybe try installing everything again without using dashman if you have time?

OK, something is causing dashd to exit. Let's try to start dashd manually to see what is causing it to crash/exit. Type this:

cd ~/.dashcore
dashd

Let me know what output you see. Also, I don't think you should use dashman for a testnet masternode, it adds an additional piece of complication, since it is not designed to work on testnet. Maybe try installing everything again without using dashman if you have time?

Hi,

As per your guidance only(https://docs.dash.org/en/latest/masternodes/setup.html), i am try to setup, but even though, why we got error, please check the attached screenshot, as well below as you requested above

dash@Gego-Omni-Testnet:~/.dashcore$ dashd
Dash Core server starting
dash@Gego-Omni-Testnet:~/.dashcore$

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-22 Setup — Dash latest documentation.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-22 Setup — Dash latest documentation.png
    160 KB · Views: 86
Yes, I am the author of that documentation ;) I can't see any errors in the screenshot, what should I be looking for there?

When you start it manually, it seems like it is working fine. There is no failure or error exist code. So my advice at this point would be just don't use dashman for a testnet masternode. Can you confirm it is working as expected now? Otherwise please come and find me on Discord (www.dashchat.org) in the #masternodes or #testnet-lab channels and I will try to help you out in realtime.

Yes, I am the author of that documentation ;) I can't see any errors in the screenshot, what should I be looking for there?

When you start it manually, it seems like it is working fine. There is no failure or error exist code. So my advice at this point would be just don't use dashman for a testnet masternode. Can you confirm it is working as expected now? Otherwise please come and find me on Discord (www.dashchat.org) in the #masternodes or #testnet-lab channels and I will try to help you out in realtime.
Dear Sir,

As per your request, i have created account in dashchat, so please add me, my username (gegosoft#5940)

Thanks

Back