• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash transactions increasing. Dash Nation growing.

TaoOfSatoshi

Pretty exciting to see the transaction count going up, because as we all know, once you try Dash you love Dash! Whatever or whoever’s responsible, hopefully we see this trend continue.

eeu3UzY.png

I noticed cheapair.com recently switched to a new payment processor (gocoin.com) that supports 4 different cryptos, DASH being last on the list.

They wait for what my casual observation estimates to be 20 confirmations... No InstanTX support. Might want to talk to gocoin.com about that... No reason to wait at all if they implement DASH properly... IX detectors were built several years ago. No excuse for not using one...

It's also fun to dangle the "You could be offering your existing services in retail with zero risk and, the existing protocol does all the work for you. All you have to do is integrate an IX detector that has already existed for 2 years. We'll even help you do it. No one else is doing this... You'd be the first and only game in town, er, Planet Earth."

Maybe you could pay @moocowmoo to integrate it for these guys, since he's the one who invented the first IX detector back in Dec 2015/Jan 2016. That's why this worked:

...and/or you could ask nicely and I might drop by their office in Singapore, since I'm in the area every few months anyway. Yeah, in spite of having been stabbed in the back...

@UdjinM6 - It'd be slick if there were a built-in IX detector and trigger...

You've got fresh meat. Another payment processor. They're ambitious. They're an upstart looking for leverage over the old garde. Offer them a gateway into supporting retail built on DASH. Be the one that helps them make the waves no one else has been able to make. They're in a good jurisdiction that can "take it or leave it" with the retarded USA. You've already got it all in your hands... It's literally a few hours worth of remedial coding away... All the heavy lifting has been done. All the right people know exactly what to do. You've never had a better way to launch your own perfect storm upon crypto and payments at large...

...or will you continue to sit on your thumbs, terrified of winning? ...bunch of sackless soyboys.

If you're not cowards, why are you so afraid of being tested under real adoption? "It's not ready" my ass. There is no such thing as more ready than you are now. You're just afraid something is going to break. It might... Welcome to being an adult, shit breaks. Be ready to fix it. Sack up, jeez... You're like those uppity couples who are "waiting until you're ready" to have kids. There's no such thing. Life is messy. Kids are durable. Get over it and make it happen. There are always bumps in the road...

Last edited:
I noticed cheapair.com recently switched to a new payment processor (gocoin.com) that supports 4 different cryptos, DASH being last on the list.

They wait for what my casual observation estimates to be 20 confirmations... No InstanTX support. Might want to talk to gocoin.com about that... No reason to wait at all if they implement DASH properly... IX detectors were built several years ago. No excuse for not using one...

It's also fun to dangle the "You could be offering your existing services in retail with zero risk and, the existing protocol does all the work for you. All you have to do is integrate an IX detector that has already existed for 2 years. We'll even help you do it."
From my experience (I’ve booked several flights with CheapAir), an InstantSend transaction is approved instantly, with a big green “PAID” stamp. I have nothing but great things to say about CheapAir.

From my experience (I’ve booked several flights with CheapAir), an InstantSend transaction is approved instantly, with a big green “PAID” stamp. I have nothing but great things to say about CheapAir.
The point is, it has nothing to do with cheapair.com
gocoin.com is their processor.
No mention of IX support.

You are mistaken, I'll explain how.

They only recently started using gocoin... You must fly a lot!
What happens for a non-IX tx is that the invoice is marked as paid the moment any TX appears in the memory pool.

They do this for LTC and BCH as well.

But, you'll notice you don't get your confirmation/itinerary for nearly an hour after that point...

Because they are waiting for confirmation on the "settlement" end, and even though it says "paid," the vendor is still not getting their money until after this moment, which is why they don't deliver the goods until it happens.

this is where your opportunity lies. DASH could end that. InstanTX. Enablinging retail penetration that does not otherwise exist, still.

Do it without using IX and you'll see. Use shapeshift. Use LTC and BCH, you'll see the exact same thing. They're marking it paid, regardless of currency used, based on memory pool presence, no confirmations, no IX. See for yourself. How might the price have fluctuated in the hour that passed?

They're doing it slightly different. Dangerously so (I know, because I had a similar idea that was poo-pooed for precisely the same risk they're taking). And neglecting the one crypto and it's one feature that could make it safe.

But, whatever, you can continue to pretend to not notice that, and continue to throw the opportunity away by pretending it isn't there so you don't feel bad about throwing it way. Even use that technical subterfuge to publicly hide the disposal of the best opportunity you've had to date...

What a devious slight of hand to hide the fact that opportunity is knocking so hard it punched a hole in the door, but use any potential onlookers' lack of technical understanding to plaster over the hole and declare that there's nothing to see here...

Last edited:
The point is, it has nothing to do with cheapair.com
gocoin.com is their processor.
No mention of IX support.

You are mistaken, I'll explain how.

They only recently started using gocoin... You must fly a lot!
What happens for a non-IX tx is that the invoice is marked as paid the moment any TX appears in the memory pool.

They do this for LTC and BCH as well.

But, you'll notice you don't get your confirmation/itinerary for nearly an hour after that point...

Because they are waiting for confirmation on the "settlement" end, and even though it says "paid," the vendor is still not getting their money until after this moment, which is why they don't deliver the goods until it happens.

this is where your opportunity lies. DASH could end that. InstanTX. Enablinging retail penetration that does not otherwise exist, still.

Do it without using IX and you'll see. Use shapeshift. Use LTC and BCH, you'll see the exact same thing. They're marking it paid, regardless of currency used, based on memory pool presence, no confirmations, no IX. See for yourself. How might the price have fluctuated in the hour that passed?

They're doing it slightly different. Dangerously so (I know, because I had a similar idea that was poo-pooed for precisely the same risk they're taking). And neglecting the one crypto and it's one feature that could make it safe.

But, whatever, you can continue to pretend to not notice that, and continue to throw the opportunity away by pretending it isn't there so you don't feel bad about throwing it way. Even use that technical subterfuge to publicly hide the disposal of the best opportunity you've had to date...

What a devious slight of hand to hide the fact that opportunity is knocking so hard it punched a hole in the door, but use any potential onlookers' lack of technical understanding to plaster over the hole and declare that there's nothing to see here...
I see. I obviously have never used LTC or BCH, so I can't comment on that. It would stand to make sense that InstantSend should be used, I agree. That's what it's there for! I'll send a message to GoCoin.

I sent one, too. They denied everything even though I did it several times in a row with all 4 supported currencies. Marked paid the instant it hits the memory pool. Consistent delay in fulfillment.

I wager that waiting X confirmations is a user setting. Marked paid immediately, you wait the number of blocks you selected to actually get it.

They claim to support InstanTX on all cryptocurrencies... Yeah. So, uhm... I think they don't understand how this works.

Lots of red flags going up here...

Maybe not so much of any "opportunity" as "ticking time-bomb."

Good luck getting a "save face" culture to admit they're wrong and fix anything, even when their own words demonstrate it...

Last edited:
Dash in this stage is ready for adoption but all we hear is "wait for the evolution"
Evolution is not for adoption, it's for mass adoption. We do not need it. We need places to spend dash. Evolution may come later. I think we'll need to wait for another two years for evolution and the train will be long gone by that time.

Dash has instanTX
Dash has no full block problem
Dash has anonimity.

So, why wait?

I just do not understandt that hype around evolution. ok, that's a good thing. but even now dash is better than all the other shitcoins for payments.

A simple double spend on their service would let them think more for sure.

Back