• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH | Transaction too large for fee policy

Student101

dashfee.JPG
Hello Dash Experts,

Are any Dashers experienced enough in coding to point me in the direction in the actual source code that limits transaction size for fee policy on Github?

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/tree/master/src

When playing around with the source code to find a mathematically viable amount of fees for Masternodes to survive once all 18,900,000 Dash are in circulation, I come across the following error.

Transaction too large for fee policy
dashpay.JPG

Where is the limiting factor in the source code that causes this error? Is it block size?

As far as I know the maximum transaction size was limited to 100kB when we raised the block size limit to prevent quadratic hashing attack.

I'm not sure if that error is about being larger than 100kB or something else. If it is then that error is definitely too confusing.

As far as I know the maximum transaction size was limited to 100kB when we raised the block size limit to prevent quadratic hashing attack.

I'm not sure if that error is about being larger than 100kB or something else. If it is then that error is definitely too confusing.

Thank you so much! That was absolutely correct :)

Back