• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH Selling/Marketing idea

Is this a Good Idea or Bad Idea

• Good Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ak1

I have an idea on the USP (Unique selling point) for DASH. I recently heard that the SHA-256 Algorithm is very power intensive and all these Bitcoin mining farms are consuming crazy amounts of electrical energy that is no way "Green". Maybe DASH marketing/sales team can highlight the electrical savings of the X-11 Algorithm compared to Bitcoin..

Maybe a detailed study needs to be done of the two Algo's with some testing on ASCIS - these could be some serious numbers here! and DASH could get support of all the environmental and green groups and might be branded as a "Green" crypto currency.

Dash is far from one of the "greener" coins. It does use much less power than BTC, but it still uses proof of work for block generation and hashing power has jumped a lot in the last few months.
No, Dash has many advantages, but being "green" is not one of them.

I see your point, DASH still remains a POW coin..but maybe we could still use the efficiency compared to BTC as a marketing point

I see your point, DASH still remains a POW coin..but maybe we could still use the efficiency compared to BTC as a marketing point

I wouldn't really call it efficiency per say. The only reason we're not using as much power as Bitcoin is because there's less equipment mining Dash.

If a piece of equipment uses 1200W (Antminer D3), it's the same as an Antminer S9+ that uses 1200W. Only difference being the number of machines running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back