• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Passphrase/Password isn't working - can't send Dash

BudManTX

My first time to use my passphrase.

Went to send some Dash and it asked for my passphrase, I typed it in and it said it was incorrect. I've tried different scenarios to my password to no luck. I'm thinking when I updated from 12.0 to 12.1.2 that something changed?! I'm running in 64 bit windows.

Is there another possible way to unlock my wallet?
Thank you.

the password does not change by itself !
your wallet.dat is encrypted - he is holding this encryption - if you do not change it - it does not change by itself !
are you sure you are working with the correct wallet.dat ? correct password ? no spelling mistakes ? caps locked or not ??

the password does not change by itself !
your wallet.dat is encrypted - he is holding this encryption - if you do not change it - it does not change by itself !
are you sure you are working with the correct wallet.dat ? correct password ? no spelling mistakes ? caps locked or not ??

You are correct, the password does not change by itself. After a restless sleep, this morning I went back to my install log notes back in January, the same time I encrypted it.

I read something I had noted and it refreshed my memory to add 2 more characters to the written password. And then...WaaLa! it unlocked my Dash. semper fi

You are correct, the password does not change by itself. After a restless sleep, this morning I went back to my install log notes back in January, the same time I encrypted it.

I read something I had noted and it refreshed my memory to add 2 more characters to the written password. And then...WaaLa! it unlocked my Dash. semper fi

and ... another problem solved = happy customer :D
(good to hear)

Back