• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Masternode Tool Error on Instant Sent

DeepBlue

I'm using a Trezor 1 with the latest version of the Dash Masternode tool version 0.9.19 I want to send the full collateral balance to a new Trezor (minus 1 DASH which I had send previously as a test) i.e. I'm trying to send 998.999 DASH of the remaining DASH using instant send from the DMT however I receive the following error message:

An error occurred while sending transaction: -25 Not a valid InstantSend translaction, dee debug.log for more info.

I click on the tools and then "open log files" however the file is not called debug.log it is called dmt.log . The DMT also does not give the path to the debug.log so I also do not know where it is to check this log.

I have tried disconnecting the trezor and shutting down the DMT and restarting everything however I get the same error again.

Does anyone know how I can send the remaining balance using instantSend with the DMT?

Last edited:
An error occurred while sending transaction: -25 Not a valid InstantSend translaction, dee debug.log for more info.

I click on the tools and then "open log files" however the file is not called debug.log it is called dmt.log . The DMT also does not give the path to the debug.log so I also do not know where it is to check this log.
In this case, the error message comes from the RPC node you were connected to - DMT just displayed it. With this message the node referred to his own debug.log file.

I will analyze what could be the reason, but it would be helpful it you sent me the app's log file copied after retrying the operation. Please, change the "Log level" to "debug" in the app's config before doing it.

Does anyone know how I can send the remaining balance using instantSend with the DMT?

You probably was trying to send an UTXO having less that 6 confirmations, which is required for InstantSend.
In subsequent versions, I will implement a warning displayed when the user attempts to perform an InstantSend operation without a minimum number of confirmations.

Hello Betrand256, Thanks for your answer. Here is the latest on the issue: I waited half an hour and tried again and this time it sent. All my funds were fully confirmed. I had previously sent 1 DASH out as a test and it worked without an issue. But when I tried to send the second transaction this is when I saw the error. I waited 30 minutes then tried again and this time it worked.

Thanks for developing the MNT. A well designed piece of software.

Hello Betrand256, Thanks for your answer. Here is the latest on the issue: I waited half an hour and tried again and this time it sent. All my funds were fully confirmed. I had previously sent 1 DASH out as a test and it worked without an issue. But when I tried to send the second transaction this is when I saw the error. I waited 30 minutes then tried again and this time it worked.

Thanks for developing the MNT. A well designed piece of software.

Thanks for the feedback.

More important than the wait time is the number of confirmations. Theoretically, in half an hour you should have at least 6 confirmations, but sometimes it happens that it is not enough, so you need to check the number of confirmations (DMT has a dedicated column for this in the payment window).

It's also worth mentioning that if the UTXO is a 'coinbase' type (e.g. it comes from MN earnings), then the number of the required confirmations is 100, regardless of whether the transaction will be sent as InstantSend or not.

upload_2018-5-19_20-22-16.png

Back