• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash initiative

CODERsp

Hi! I was thinking about, how to make DASH more popular and I have one interesting idea. DarkSend and InstantX are key features of DASH, which distinguish it from Bitcoin. But, in most times users (me too) use DASH as Bitcoin, without using DarkSend and InstantX, maybe habitually, or because it takes additional time and fees and it doesn't have strong need. Because of laziness and leaving for later, users can't enjoy key benefits of DASH and use it only as investment asset. I offer to equalize all transactions by enforcing DarkSend and InstantX. For the first time, it's interesting to hear your thoughts about it and pros&cons. Thanks.

Hi! I was thinking about, how to make DASH more popular and I have one interesting idea. DarkSend and InstantX are key features of DASH, which distinguish it from Bitcoin. But, in most times users (me too) use DASH as Bitcoin, without using DarkSend and InstantX, maybe habitually, or because it takes additional time and fees and it doesn't have strong need. Because of laziness and leaving for later, users can't enjoy key benefits of DASH and use it only as investment asset. I offer to equalize all transactions by enforcing DarkSend and InstantX. For the first time, it's interesting to hear your thoughts about it and pros&cons. Thanks.
How do you force someone to do this? Forcing users to use DS and IX would kill this coin.

choices can be confusing !
How so? How do you force someone to use DS? Would you like to be forced to do what you don't want to? If someone can't send a tx because his coins haven't been mixed, how is that going to help? This is the silliest suggestion i've ever heard. :tongue:

It wouldn't work unless Darksend Mixing somehow becomes instant (I don't know if that's possible). At this moment coins are mixed before hand. Last time I mixed 35 coins through 2 rounds of darksend it took 3 hours. So I would have to wait 3 hours after receiving those coins to spend them? I agree with moli people like the choices. Darksend Mixing can be somewhat intimidating but really it's as easy as opening your wallet and clicking a button.

Darksend Mixing is intimidating at the moment, but it can always be improved, and made easier to use for the layman.

The ability to use this coin anonymously and transparently is what allows Dash to be used in virtually any situation. It is a huge advantage going forward.

I liked tungfas first but have to admit that ppl like to have choices and not being closed in obligation.

I agree
If we were still Darkcoin I would push for mandatory DS , but as we are a dash now this would be too much.
Pleople like choices !?! .... Sure why not ... We could call them features
To really get people onto DAS we have to simplify and speedily it as much as possible .
DS (in my opinion) is still the most important feature of Dash and I hope we will put some more work into it soon !

It wouldn't work unless Darksend Mixing somehow becomes instant (I don't know if that's possible). At this moment coins are mixed before hand. Last time I mixed 35 coins through 2 rounds of darksend it took 3 hours. So I would have to wait 3 hours after receiving those coins to spend them? I agree with moli people like the choices. Darksend Mixing can be somewhat intimidating but really it's as easy as opening your wallet and clicking a button.
I think even if DS could ever become "instant", making everyone mix their coins would cause the blockchain bloat to hell... Plus many people do not need DS or do not want to pay the mixing fees, which are still cheap. But when a user sees 10, 15, 20 DS Collateral fees on his wallet, he would freak out and stop the mixing, unless he really wants his tx's to be anonymous.

It's not about people liking choices or not. It's about situations where one of the options is a must.

Eg: If for whatever reason (accounting, etc) a business needs to have DS turned off, they will be able to do it. Otherwise Dash would be a no-go for them.
If their customers' #1 criteria when choosing Dash is anonimity, he will definitely go with DS.

If DS is mandatory, the business and the customer will not be able to meet, so they will have to use another means of payment.

Sure, how DS is implemented currently can be improved/redesigned, but making it mandatory would limit our target market, especially in the corporate world. This assumption needs to be validated though :p

It's not about people liking choices or not. It's about situations where one of the options is a must.

Eg: If for whatever reason (accounting, etc) a business needs to have DS turned off, they will be able to do it. Otherwise Dash would be a no-go for them.
If their customers' #1 criteria when choosing Dash is anonimity, he will definitely go with DS.

If DS is mandatory, the business and the customer will not be able to meet, so they will have to use another means of payment.

Sure, how DS is implemented currently can be improved/redesigned, but making it mandatory would limit our target market, especially in the corporate world. This assumption needs to be validated though :p
EXACTLY! I was going to say the same thing. Exchanges and gambling sites would drop this coin in a heart beat, and would rather be in favor of another coin like Groestlcoin, even though they can barely spell the name of it!!!

On a side note, we need to train people who are doing marketing but have no idea about DS and IX... For those who suggest forcing users to use DS and IX, i would like to suggest those people to be forced to mix 100 DASH and do 100 InstantX transactions on mainnet and report back here when done.
:tongue::grin:

train ? like train a monkey ?

hold on, let me start mixing
:wink:

Edit:
692 hours later:
EBWy9qn.jpg

:grin:

Back