• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash in Africa

DashingDude

Hey Dudes and Dudettes

I have way-too-much to say, for just one forum post. But I've been instructed to move my posts from the International (or whatever) channel to this one.

I wish to continue a discussion... and ultimately, I want the same as most of you do. Freedom from the bankers etc. Plus a bit of profit..

But I also would like to feel good along the way: To help an impoverished person makes one feel good. And we should. Would you choose to miss-out on doing good for the world?

Mandela Park (a big squatter-camp) was ravaged by fires a month-or-two back, and many people lost their homes, and then there were more fires. The whole homeless community is now living on some soccer-fields in tents and temporary housing.

My idea (and I guess that this sounds like a pre-proposal) is to give a tiny amount of dash to each of the children. I mean, 1000 of them at least. It would do nothing for the Dash market-cap, but might do a great deal for adoption of Dash as a means of exchange... which it isn't yet.

Last edited:
Hi DashingDude,

Helping a good cause may find some friends in this community - from my limited point of view.
Do you know if the targeted children or their relatives do have access to smartphones or computers to use Dash?
Is there any infrastructure/merchants to actually buy something useful using Dash at the place these people are stranded?

My idea (and I guess that this sounds like a pre-proposal) is to give a tiny amount of dash to each of the children. I mean, 1000 of them at least. It would do nothing for the Dash market-cap, but might do a great deal for adoption of Dash as a means of exchange... which it isn't yet.

How much? Again, just giving away DASH is not a proposal, you really need to invest more brain matter into this. Can you actually make out a sustainable system where there are next steps lined up and somehow forecast to go in a certain directions.

I mean this seems just like the analog of throwing food from a plane to try to eradicate world hunger.

Expecting to get a sandwich from the sky is a far cry from learning how to harvest food, build self sustainable systems and create wealth.

Back