Dash has cancer, take a look at the xray...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
There is always risk in accepting money of any sort. Look, if you find this to be unacceptable, that's fine. I don't. I see it as a very good service that will help Dash become more acceptable to business. Neither of us can ultimately have "our way", because businesses will do what they do. I know we have partnered up with Coinfirm, and that's what you ultimately don't like. I'm sorry this did not go the way you would have liked it to go, but for the majority of voters, it appears to be a good move. Certainly, it's not the end of the world, or like cancer. And it's not going to be the last partnership either, unless you can get a whole lot more MNs to vote your way?

Reactions: daf

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
My absence from this conversation should be noted.

DASH has much bigger problems in it's ranks than this. Even if we assume it to be true; I don't care.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
@GrandMasterDash , with respect, you need to get a grip.. You're creating an issue out of nothing. The amount requested for the budget was entirely reasonable and - with respect to @kot - chump change in the scheme of things.. Kot is not here to 'game' the DGBB system for his own personal gain at the expense of the Dash project. It was merely to cover genuine expenses at a networking event that was entirely within the interests of Dash for him to attend.

"Judge a man by what he does, not what he says..."

All I can say about Kot is that I see him DOING GOOD things for Dash on a daily basis. I don't see you doing good things for Dash... You seem to have a lot to say though!

The case you're referring to specifically was for something negligible like $300 in any case... Are you fucking for real...??! I own and run a modest business that has <20 staff, with turnover around $1m a year - less than the current Dash treasury budget(!) - and I wouldn't even dream of berating a member of my team for spending $300 on anything relevant to the betterment of the company, even if it turned out not to be good value... Why? Because people wouldn't want to work for me! Growing a successful organisation isn't about who can be the biggest control freak jerk. Nobody wants to work for jerks...

Get off the Team's back and let talented, dedicated individuals get on with doing what they love doing. For every $1 of mistakes they cost you, you'll see $10 of value added.

Walter
Yeah, and fuck you too. You rant on about money when I already made it clear it wasn't about money. The only person talking about money is you, no one else. The issue is regarding important information being withheld, regarding a matter that is sensitive to a lot of people; namely AML/KYC. The fact that you personally agree with AML/KYC is the only reason you feel so compelled to defend him, but still you try to distract and talk about money?

And yes, he did know about Coinfirm beforehand because you and him have conveniently left out the meetup page which clearly shows "Warsaw block" and the relevant links to Coinfirm.. not a polish site that most people can't read:
https://www.meetup.com/Warsaw-Block-Monthly-Blockchain-Bitcoin-and-Startup-event/

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
I have only one question. Why is it that you fear Coinfirm?
It is true that parasites like Coinfirm will always exist but I see no reason why dash must give them time or money to do so.

One of the key pillars of crypto is permissionless transactions, it's one of the biggest reasons we all ended up here, right now, in the cryptosphere. And thus fungibility is essential. Crypto gives us the opportunity to build the alternative economy that sidesteps all the shit that's happening in the fiat world... that's just not possible when you want to have fiat's babies.

There are a lot of people here that seem to think money is business when it's not. Money for money's sake is exactly why people get screwed by banks and money transmitters; ATM charges, admin charges, can do this, can't do that.. money for money's sake. That's the path dash is on. Evan has said it himself, Paypal 2.0.. well fuck that, might as well just use Paypal, they have laws and licenses to abide by too ("compliance"). So yeah, go ahead and justify why dash should be Paypal because surely it will have to abide by the same rules.

Last edited:

Walter

Jul 17, 2014
Yeah, and fuck you too. You rant on about money when I already made it clear it wasn't about money. The only person talking about money is you, no one else. The issue is regarding important information being withheld, regarding a matter that is sensitive to a lot of people; namely AML/KYC. The fact that you personally agree with AML/KYC is the only reason you feel so compelled to defend him, but still you try to distract and talk about money?

And yes, he did know about Coinfirm beforehand because you and him have conveniently left out the meetup page which clearly shows "Warsaw block" and the relevant links to Coinfirm.. not a polish site that most people can't read:
https://www.meetup.com/Warsaw-Block-Monthly-Blockchain-Bitcoin-and-Startup-event/

Oh right, so it's about AML/KYC and witholding info? Well that's even more fucking ridiculous then...

Stealth923

Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
lol this thread is and OP are a f*cking joke and should be deleted.

lynx

Dec 11, 2015
I'm sorry this did not go the way you would have liked it to go, but for the majority of voters, it appears to be a good move. Certainly, it's not the end of the world, or like cancer. And it's not going to be the last partnership either, unless you can get a whole lot more MNs to vote your way?
Ok, but when did we vote on this issue? We voted for a dash representative to attend a conference, that's all. We were never asked if we'd like a partnership with Coinfirm.

methusaleh

Mar 25, 2016
It's clear there's lots of passion here which I imagine we can all agree is a good thing, but when people start swearing at each other effective communication usually stops. I'd say that happens equally where we question others moral sets and broader character so I'm dismayed to see how rapidly that has happened in certain quarters here.

Kot explained what he knew and when, and you either take him at his word or you do not.

Things have since meandered off into a broader discussion of the merits / evils of Coinfirm so, whilst I don't think "this thread ... and OP are a f*cking joke" is any more helpful a sentiment than "fuck you too", I would agree with Stealth923 that this thread isn't really any longer productive, were it ever so.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
closing thread to let this cool off !

Status
Not open for further replies.