• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash dropping %'s per day more than my investment

gravitate

I know the score about altcoins and bitcoin and the fluctuality. I am however dissappointed by DASH. Which is why I am thinking of cancelling my node ( I paid for a year upfront) and leave because the signs are its going down.
Any reason not to? Any at all?

I know the score about altcoins and bitcoin and the fluctuality. I am however dissappointed by DASH. Which is why I am thinking of cancelling my node ( I paid for a year upfront) and leave because the signs are its going down.

It seems like you might be wanting to get rich quick. If that's the case, you might wanna get out now. There are lots of long-term reasons to stay in, but it seems like you aren't interested in researching those.

David's post here explains a mentality that you might want to adopt if you're in it for the long(er) haul: At this point one has to acknowledge that buying DASH is throwing money away.

Particularly this paragraph:

So many companies are obsessed with stock price and ultimately compromise their long-term potential by focusing on short-term increases to their share value. I realized as I was reading that worrying about the price of Dash is like worrying about the short-term movements in Apple stock. If you are confident that it has a solid team and a solid future, you buy it, you hold it, and in your designated long-term timeframe (5, 10, 15 years or longer), you sell it at a profit. Or you keep holding it and earning dividends (MN payments). Focusing on the price of Dash today is a short-sighted fool's errand. The "management" team is improving our technology and increasing our PR exposure, and time will ultimately show our true value.

In short: Dash has solved a lot of FinTech problems, and it has a super-solid management and development team. (As well as PR & all the rest I'm forgetting.)

Great community, Master nodes will become a solid investment in the future as there is a finite number, trolls fear us, staff actually get paid in Dash, the founder and exec team have their faces and names out there.
If you feel you have to just cash in, go day-trade btc and come back and buy 2 masternodes, cha ching! Master nodes return is 18%.

Please don't think me rude--it's not my intention.

But in my opinion, if your time horizon is not at least five years out, then Dash (and crypto in general) is not for you.

Please don't think me rude--it's not my intention.
But in my opinion, if your time horizon is not at least five years out, then Dash (and crypto in general) is not for you.
Don't get it, the biggest rollout yet with DAPI is imminent with game changing facets/many new ideas never tried before, there are 2 major presentations in Mexico and Miami, it looks like things are only just getting started to me.

Maybe you over invested in comparison to your other investments / speculations? Think of it more as a hobby.

Back