• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core wallet not syncing please help

Luke4447

Hi today my Dash Core wallet gets 3 quarters of the way through syncing then says sync failed. How do I fix this? Can I send coins without syncing? Can I reinstall dash core wallet and restore coins from backup? Can i use time machine? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have the latest wallet 0.12.1.2
Check you block count Tools -> Information and compare that to http://explorer.dash.org/
If these number match - you can send your coins, should be no issues.

Thank you, my version is 0.12.56 how do I update?
Also my current block is staying current with the blockchain so does that mean it is safe to send coins?

Please follow this guide https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Updating+to+12.1+-+Users
I would advise to upgrade before sending coins.

Come on now!
Is it so difficult to include those steps in the setup, instead of asking people to do them?

The wrong way:
step 1) shut down your wallet. allow it to completely shut down. wait 30-60 seconds.
step 2) check you have about 3 Gigabytes of free disk space.
step 3) open the folder containing your dash folder
step 4) duplicate your dash folder and rename the copy to dashcore
step 5) open your dashcore folder and delete the cache files
step 6) download and install dash 12.1

The correct way:

step 1) download and start installing dash 12.1
step 1) The wizzard shuts down your wallet. allow it to completely shut down. wait 30-60 seconds.
step 2) The wizzard checks you have about 3 Gigabytes of free disk space.
step 3) The wizzard open the folder containing your dash folder and deletes what is useless
step 4) The wizzard duplicate your dash folder and rename the copy to dashcore
step 5) The wizzard open your dashcore folder and renames the cache files

I hope someone influential in the Dash hierarchy is reading this. For all the hype the launch of 12.1.2 was not properly thought through. I'm not a complete mug but it took me 3 hour to understand how to get my dash back!! Not at all what we want from Dash - totally agree with Larry and Jim.

I hope someone influential in the Dash hierarchy is reading this. For all the hype the launch of 12.1.2 was not properly thought through. I'm not a complete mug but it took me 3 hour to understand how to get my dash back!! Not at all what we want from Dash - totally agree with Larry and Jim.

The Dash hierarchy are the MNOs. Someone who owns 5 Dash should post a proposal into the budget system, asking funds in order to pay a developer to build this. I have only 1 dash, so I cannot propose in the budget system something like this. But even if I had 5 dash, I would not spend them in a proposal like this. I would prefer to spend my 5 dash in something more fundamental, like proposing this alternative budget proposal system.

Last edited:
The Dash hierarchy are the MNOs. Someone who owns 5 Dash should post a proposal into the budget system, asking funds in order to pay a developer to build this. I have only 1 dash, so I cannot propose in the budget system something like this.
As I see it the MNOs don't make proposals, they simply vote on them. People like Amanda and Evan seem smart to me - they have a big stake in all this and they would be wise to check the detail more carefully in future. Despite Dash wanting to be a DAO it needs a "wise" strategy group at its centre. Maybe they could choose a few "guinea pig" dash holders to try things on in future?

Back