• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Wallet finally synced, but 0 active connections to network

Lakmoes

Hello guys,

I haven't used the wallet for about 1.5 years, but im tried to synced the data. After a day it finally got synced. Great and I see that there are some Dash coins available, but additional data is legging at 50%. I have no active connecties to the Dash network, sometimes briefly one, but thats only for a couple of minutes. Can I send some of the coins to a broker? How can I get an active connections?

Im using version: v0.12.0.55-c30a0aa
Wallet is encrypeted en locked and im using Windows 10 64 bit.

Can someone please help me??

Hi there. You are using an out of date version of Dash Core. The wallet and protocol has upgraded several times since then, so it is unable to make any connections because it does not understand the protocol.

To fix this, first backup your wallet by clicking File > Backup Wallet. Don't lose this file! Then download the latest version of Dash Core from here: https://www.dash.org/wallets/

Install the new wallet and start it once, then close it again. Normally simply updating the wallet is enough, but because your version is so old, the folder storing the blockchain and wallet file has moved. In Windows Explorer, go to this location: %APPDATA%

You should see two folders, Dash and DashCore. DashCore is the location where the new wallet stores its data. Rename the existing wallet.dat file in there and then copy your backed up wallet file into the folder and name it wallet.dat

Now when you start the new version of Dash Core, it should make connections, sync, and you can spend your Dash again.

More information: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...673/How+to+restore+an+old+or+backed+up+wallet

Let us know if it worked!

Hello Strophy,

Thanks that you will help me! I indeed have an old version! I followed the instruction in the link that you've pasted. I renamed the Dash Folder into DashCore in the APPDATA location, the instruction says it will help me get started faster.
I have followed the rest of the instruction and deleted some files, but did nothing to the Backup, Blockchain and Chainstate folders.

I made a backup of the wallat.dat file on a USB stick. My question, now I can install the new version of the Dash Core, but do I need to delete the old version (v0.12.0.55-c30a0aa) first?
Then install the new version and delete the new walllet.dat file and copie the original walllet.dat file in the DashCore folder? You said "rename the existing wallet.dat file", but rename it into what?
Shouldn't I delete the new wallet.dat and replace it with de old version?

Thanks in advance man!

Install new version to over old,
copy old wallet.dat to folder where dash-qt.exe is located,
then run the wallet.

Hi Lakmoes, yes your understanding is correct. For the new wallet in the DashCore folder, you can rename it to anything or delete it, since it doesn't contain any funds. I usually recommend renaming just in case there is a mistake or confusion. Then copy in your original wallet.dat holding the funds. You don't need to immediately uninstall the old version in this case because the new version stores the application data in a different folder (DashCore instead of Dash).

What AjM mentioned isn't quite correct, on Windows the dash-qt.exe executable file and the wallet.dat data file are located in different folders.

When you start it, make sure you are running the right version (currently 12.2.1) and you should see a lot of successful connection and the blockchain begin to sync soon after...

Hi Lakmoes, yes your understanding is correct. For the new wallet in the DashCore folder, you can rename it to anything or delete it, since it doesn't contain any funds. I usually recommend renaming just in case there is a mistake or confusion. Then copy in your original wallet.dat holding the funds. You don't need to immediately uninstall the old version in this case because the new version stores the application data in a different folder (DashCore instead of Dash).

What AjM mentioned isn't quite correct, on Windows the dash-qt.exe executable file and the wallet.dat data file are located in different folders.

When you start it, make sure you are running the right version (currently 12.2.1) and you should see a lot of successful connection and the blockchain begin to sync soon after...
Since lakmoe renamed old folder to DashCore, just installing new wallet to the default location is ok and copy old backup wallet.dat to there.
And wallet.dat is in the same folder where dash-qt.exe is located.

dashfolder.png

Hello,

Well I've installed the new wallet and started it once. It looks like everything is working, the blockchain was quite rapidly up to date. Altough I didn't copied the old wallet.dat to the default location, the new wallet still shows the right amout of coins!

Thats weird?? Should I do as yet? Or now can I delete the old wallet and try to send a coin the a broker so I can see if it works?? Thanx guys!

I think it is your old wallet, when install is totally new and there is no old wallet, new wallet.dat is generated.

If everything is ok in your wallet, make multible backups to be safe.

And wallet.dat is in the same folder where dash-qt.exe is located.

I need to correct my false info about where dash-qt.exe is located.
I did not use the installer, that is the reason for confusion.

If Dashcore is installed with install program in windows, then

dash-qt.exe is located C:\Program Files\Dashcore\ folder
and
wallet.dat is located C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\ folder.

XXX = user name

Back