• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Community Proposal

interesting
i am honestly a bit clueless about GitHub , in my opinion that is really a pro coder page (and nothing for me none tech n00b)
did you have a look at the wiki ?
as that is what i am working on extensively , reg guides, explanations, .....
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/

the thing is always, it is "easy' to start one of these new pages, but then the question is who will keep this maintained and updated ?
(specially the guides - huge amount of work to keep this on track)

Github Organizations
is that a new thing on Github ? popular ?
would be nice to get some feedback from the GitHub pro's in here

interesting
i am honestly a bit clueless about GitHub , in my opinion that is really a pro coder page (and nothing for me none tech n00b)
did you have a look at the wiki ?
as that is what i am working on extensively , reg guides, explanations, .....
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/

the thing is always, it is "easy' to start one of these new pages, but then the question is who will keep this maintained and updated ?
(specially the guides - huge amount of work to keep this on track)

Github Organizations
is that a new thing on Github ? popular ?
would be nice to get some feedback from the GitHub pro's in here

Thanks for your thoughts, tungfa. Happy to see you giving it your consideration.

Github can seem intimidating because it's primarily used, as you said, by coders. It has come a long way from it's earliest use case, though. It offers some powerful tools for non-coders as well. Github organizations were rolled out in 2010. github.com/dashpay (where the Dash source code and it's dependencies live) is also an organization.

Yes, I've been through most of the wiki and I find it very useful. I'm proposing a complementary resource that can help offload some work from the core team and give the community the opportunity to collaborate on content, projects, and ideas. I agree that maintaining documentation and guides are a huge amount of work, which is why it might make sense to have the whole community working on part of it together.

By the way, thank you for all the work you do, tungfa. I really appreciate it, and have benefitted a lot from it. I'm really excited about Dash. Such great potential.

Thanks for your thoughts, tungfa. Happy to see you giving it your consideration.

Github can seem intimidating because it's primarily used, as you said, by coders. It has come a long way from it's earliest use case, though. It offers some powerful tools for non-coders as well. Github organizations were rolled out in 2010. github.com/dashpay (where the Dash source code and it's dependencies live) is also an organization.

Yes, I've been through most of the wiki and I find it very useful. I'm proposing a complementary resource that can help offload some work from the core team and give the community the opportunity to collaborate on content, projects, and ideas. I agree that maintaining documentation and guides are a huge amount of work, which is why it might make sense to have the whole community working on part of it together.

By the way, thank you for all the work you do, tungfa. I really appreciate it, and have benefitted a lot from it. I'm really excited about Dash. Such great potential.

no worries - thats what i do

ja that sounds interesting , lets see what some others think of this
the more the better - no doubt :D

There are also good Github tutorials, however I dont really trust centralized-based websites, specially after last week cyberattack where github was one of the sites that were down. I rather own the infrastructure and even have some redundancy or at least work on a decentralized sites like ZeroNet or SAFE network with IPFS.

Back