• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darksend problem

Bergstrom

Foundation Member
I had a small amount in my Darksend fund already then I wanted to send a normal transaction. I unchecked the Darksend, then the wallet asks me if I want to send from any account (or something) without any other options. Why? Now I have to mix again because the amount I sent was bigger than the Darksend so it took 80 % of it.

I thought they were different accounts unaware of each other. How can I make sure that I am sending a normal transaction without it being taken from the Darksend fund?

I had a small amount in my Darksend fund already then I wanted to send a normal transaction. I unchecked the Darksend, then the wallet asks me if I want to send from any account (or something) without any other options. Why? Now I have to mix again because the amount I sent was bigger than the Darksend so it took 80 % of it.

I thought they were different accounts unaware of each other. How can I make sure that I am sending a normal transaction without it being taken from the Darksend fund?
There is no normal transactions any longer. If you don't have DS checked, it will send from wherever. You either have privacy or you don't.

There is no normal transactions any longer. If you don't have DS checked, it will send from wherever. You either have privacy or you don't.

I do not understand. How is this a matter of privacy when I can not choose which one I want to send from? Did I have 80% privacy in my latest transaction or what happened? The amount was not fully sent from the Darksend fund.

I do not understand. How is this a matter of privacy when I can not choose which one I want to send from? Did I have 80% privacy in my latest transaction or what happened? The amount was not fully sent from the Darksend fund.
There is no such thing as partial privacy if you used some anon coins and non-anon coins--those non-anon coins linked you to the receiver address. If you want to select the coins, do a non dx tx and then select the inputs manually in coin control excluding the anon funds (noted by the ds rounds).

There is no such thing as partial privacy if you used some anon coins and non-anon coins--those non-anon coins linked you to the receiver address. If you want to select the coins, do a non dx tx and then select the inputs manually in coin control excluding the anon funds (noted by the ds rounds).

I am a pleb. What I understood from your post is that I have to exclude the Darksend funds, but how? Please explain as if I was retarded (in a completely politically correct way).

I am a pleb. What I understood from your post is that that I have to exclude the Darksend funds, but how? Please explain as if I was retarded (in a completely politically correct way).
Settings, Options, Display, Check the coin control box

When you send, deselect the darksend box at the bottom, then click inputs, select list mode and check the boxes next to the inputs you want to use to send. All the DS coins will have numbers under the DS rounds category (avoid those). Then when you are done, those inputs are the only ones used to fulfill your tx.

Settings, Options, Display, Check the coin control box

When you send, deselect the darksend box at the bottom, then click inputs, select list mode and check the boxes next to the inputs you want to use to send. All the DS coins will have numbers under the DS rounds category (avoid those). Then when you are done, those inputs are the only ones used to fulfill your tx.

Aha! Very well done, even I understood. This is beautiful information to me.

Aha! Very well done, even I understood. This is beautiful information to me.
Bergstrom, hi.
When testnet is open again to test the next version, please join us. I think you will like it and it can help you tremendously to understand what's going on. :smile:

Bergstrom, hi.
When testnet is open again to test the next version, please join us. I think you will like it and it can help you tremendously to understand what's going on. :smile:

I will if it is appropriate! As long as I am not a hindrance.

I will if it is appropriate! As long as I am not a hindrance.
You won't be a hindrance, as a matter of fact, you will help us to find if there's any problem or issue with the new version. At the same time it also helps you to learn what's new in the next version with darkcoin. We use tDRK (fake darkcoins) from the faucets to test.

Another note: When I see: Display coin control (experts only), it indicates that it is something extra I could benefit from, not a basic service.

To secure it from idiots like me it should be much simpler.

Back