• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin to DASH...disappears

stevedash

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here! It's been over 3 years since I was mining alts and what not. I have a DarkCoin Wallet, and I have tried to upgrade to Dash and I constantly dont see any coins in my Dash wallet.

I open up my DarkCoin wallet, it's sync to the last spot..? and it says I have coins, I then look at DASH and it says 0..
How can I check whats going on, or find them?
Steve

Already done,

I've watched the video's, I've read that thread and I've followed the other one on atlassain too.

I've checked the Dash blockchain explorer and see my coins there too..:(

Ok. Did you move the wallet.dat from Dash to Dashcore folder in your appdata folder?

Ok. Did you move the wallet.dat from Dash to Dashcore folder in your appdata folder?
Yep, I am on a Mac BTW.

I downloaded the latest Dash - I then followed two things, one was copying Dash folder, rename to Dashcore and then add the wallet in from Darkcoin folder.

Is there a way to verify the wallet is picking up the same wallet that was in Darkcoin? e.g the wallet address or something?

Are you in windows?
Did you install latest Dash wallet (v0.12.1.4)?
Do you have old darkcoin wallet.dat, and backed up it to multiple locations?

If all = yes then
goto 1
else
install Dash wallet v0.12.1.4 and let it sync
goto 1
end if

1. Close ALL wallet programs
2. Copy old wallet.dat to C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\DashCore
3. Start Dash wallet and let it sync
4. Open tools->wallet repair
5. Click upgrade wallet format - wallert restarts itself
6. Open tools->wallet repair
7. Click recover transactions 1
8. Check if wallet balance is OK

Report here afterwards.

Edit: aha, you are in mac.
Edit2: typo

Last edited:
Thanks for your help AjM.

Unfortunately still 0 dash.

I have the address for my Darkcoin, and I check the receiving address in DASH and they are different. I don't understand how it could be different as I've copied the wallets across, checked and tested. What could be going wrong?

Thanks for your help AjM.

Unfortunately still 0 dash.

I have the address for my Darkcoin, and I check the receiving address in DASH and they are different. I don't understand how it could be different as I've copied the wallets across, checked and tested. What could be going wrong?
Np, i dont know, but maybe @UdjinM6 do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 5.51.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 5.51.32 pm.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: AjM
One more question.
Which OS your old wallet.dat are from, win, mac, linux, other?
I dont know if wallet.dat is compatible between different os'es.

Thanks guys!

Now... how do I read up on the market activity of DASH. I see the 7 day charts dropped out $9. Any feedback on the best places to research this, understand whats influencing the market?

I have some Litecoins and thinking of moving it from Litecoin to Dash?

Honestly IMO he did good with moving his wallet but as he had to download all the blockchain from scrach he simply didn`t see the coins instantly so his balance was 0 :) later of course the coins arrived ;)

Back