• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin to da moon!

Lzeppelin

I just thought I'd post to let you all now DRK is upt to ~0.0015 from ~0.0012!

Last edited by a moderator:
Volume is way way up too. I wonder if this is a pump and dump type situation. I haven't seen any market-moving type information in the last 24h. Any body else?

in all honesty, I don't think it's a pump whatsoever. It's got barely any notice from the outside world and only recently are people hearing about us. I think it's practically word of mouth. This coin is seriously under valued if you think there is a future for crypto coins, you've got to see value in this coin more so than any other coin out there, and personally, that includes Bitcoin. they were just first, but they're stagnant and unwilling to do anything. In fact everything I keep hearing is that they want to be more open to the "authorities and government". Almost like a back-stab to the people.

in all honesty, I don't think it's a pump whatsoever. It's got barely any notice from the outside world and only recently are people hearing about us. I think it's practically word of mouth. This coin is seriously under valued if you think there is a future for crypto coins, you've got to see value in this coin more so than any other coin out there, and personally, that includes Bitcoin. they were just first, but they're stagnant and unwilling to do anything. In fact everything I keep hearing is that they want to be more open to the "authorities and government". Almost like a back-stab to the people.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree that darkcoin is one of the few (if any) altcoins that have a chance of truly being disruptive in the crypto world. But when the volume quintuples and the hashrate adds 3 GH/s over the course of 24 h I get a bit taken aback! I hope that this is some kind of word-of-mouth type critical moment rather than something nefarious :/

Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree that darkcoin is one of the few (if any) altcoins that have a chance of truly being disruptive in the crypto world. But when the volume quintuples and the hashrate adds 3 GH/s over the course of 24 h I get a bit taken aback! I hope that this is some kind of word-of-mouth type critical moment rather than something nefarious :/

I think with scrypt ASIC's being announced a lot of miners are starting to look for good alternatives to mine.

I think with scrypt ASIC's being announced a lot of miners are starting to look for good alternatives to mine.

I agree: wafflepool got close to 50% of Dogecoin's network hashrate because a single user had 22 Ghs/s. I think seeing ASIC farms in the wild at Wafflepool combined with KnC's $2 million in sales probably convinced people to try and get in early on promising non-scrypt altcoins.

I really hope it isn't a pump-and-dump, and that it is an actual sustainable rise in price. Though I am conflicted because I wouldn't mind snatching up some more DRK at very low rates.

Though I am conflicted because I wouldn't mind snatching up some more DRK at very low rates.

Hah I totally understand the mixed feelings. In the long run of course this is a positive thing as it reflects greater interest in the DRK currency, community, etc. which will help DRK reach the next level of development. Still it's hard to see a great opportunity coming to a close.

I'm happy to see corrections after the spikes. As for the opportunity coming to a close I don't think were quite there yet.

Don't get too excited, hold onto them. There is a daily drop between 11 AM to 3 or 4 pm each day (pacific standard time) It's been that way almost from the beginning. There will be volatility, so just don't panic :)

On the note of big dumps, they only happen in the beginning. They're also very good for the coin, because it makes the coin available for more users to buy. The coins get spread around more so than mining ever could. That's why a long term view is needed with this coin. It just won't be volatile enough for making quick money off of. Sure, some might be able to hit the highs and lows just right and make a few bucks, but they also risk having to pay more to get their dark back.

Anyway, I have seen this coin acting in such healthy ways, it gives me a lot of confidence.

Back