Darkcoin Auction?

Would you be willing to add items and beta test a Darkcoin public auction site?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Centurion

May 30, 2014
If I were were to build a public auction site for Darkcoin, DRK branding and everything priced in DRK, would any of the community be willing to add auction items and beta test?

And yes, I own other auction sites, and I'm not just fishing ;)

Centurion

May 30, 2014
Thanks for the vote of confidence vertoe.
If I can get 10 people interested in testing/adding items I plan to build it; less interest than that and I will probably just sell off the domain I registered to place it on. darkbids.com

The plan I have now is to make the auction with zero listing fees and probably a 3% seller fee. The no fee listings would allow those that have no DRK to list products and make sales. This may bring in new people, that wouldn't necessarily be interested in crypto, and let them earn DRK without having to go on an exchange.

davep

May 16, 2014
I own the domain DarkcoinAuctions.com and was going to do something similar. If you'd prefer to use this domain instead let me know. :)

Centurion

May 30, 2014
Thanks davep for offering the use of your domain. I believe I will stick with darkbids.com because it's shorter and I just installed the CMS for this domain.

davep

May 16, 2014
Sure nice domain, I didn't think of that one when I considered an auction site lol. :) Well you may face some competition soon hah :D

Centurion

May 30, 2014
Sure nice domain, I didn't think of that one when I considered an auction site lol. :) Well you may face some competition soon hah :D
I carefully consider the name of each of my domains, though it can be difficult with all the domain squatters around. I like competition, although I have always preferred collaboration. Just let me know and I will place your banner ad on the site to help you get more traffic ;)

Also, once the site is up and running I may bring on a few investors, maybe something like partial ownership. Not sure yet, I'll keep you posted if your interested.

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
I have stuff I would sell for DRK!

I'm UK based so don't know how that would work if it's US-centric, but I voted Yes.

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Put me on your list! I'd love to try it out :)

What other auction sites are you running right now? I'd love to check them out :):)

Centurion

May 30, 2014
I have stuff I would sell for DRK!

I'm UK based so don't know how that would work if it's US-centric, but I voted Yes.
You will be able to define local or international shipping rates, if you like, and the site will automatically add these based on user location. So, the site can be used worldwide.

Reactions: iHeartSmartArt

Centurion

May 30, 2014
Put me on your list! I'd love to try it out :)

What other auction sites are you running right now? I'd love to check them out :):)
The only auction site I have that is strictly crypto based is https://earthazaar.com. Darkbids.com will be somewhat similar, although Earthazaar is more of a merchant gateway, similar to ebay. Sellers can have storefronts, digital and variable products, inventory and sales tracking, or they can just run auctions. The site can also function as a freelancer site with reverse and silent auctions. I plan to make Darkbids simpler to start and maybe just run auctions and roll out extra features (or build other related merchant sites) if there is a demand for them.

Reactions: vertoe

Centurion

May 30, 2014
I am about a third of the way done with Darkbids (basic structure is done and auction posting is mostly working).
If those interested in testing would send me an email with their desired username and preferred email address I will set up your accounts in the next couple of days. Send these to [email protected].

Edit: A temporary password will be mailed to you preferred email.

Reactions: fernando

Centurion

May 30, 2014
I decided to add basic storefronts to user accounts so that those with inventory items (like t-shirts) will be able to sell these products on a regular basis. I will start adding accounts to the site later today, so those that voted "yes" please send me your username and email (see above post).

Once I get a few people signed up today I will post a login URL so that those interested can login and check out the back end (their seller dashboard.) As the front end isn't completed I am not allowing access to this just yet; it will be another day or two.

Centurion

May 30, 2014
I have signed up a few accounts and sent out login details and you should be able to login to the backend. I will try to have the front end up tomorrow so that auctions can be posted. I just added Darkcoin support so members can now add a Darkcoin wallet address in their store's details. Your "store" will show all the items you have up for auction or sale. If you find a bug or have suggestions please pm or email me.

Reactions: vertoe and derk

Centurion

May 30, 2014
Although I still lack the help files, and there is only free shipping set up right now, everything else is ready for testing. It is ready if you can muddle through without the help files (I am working on them right now.) I think the site is pretty good for only 5 days but I would definitely appreciate opinions and suggestions. I will have the help files and shipping rate options up tomorrow. http://darkbids.com

Status
Not open for further replies.