Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Cryptopia Exchange Hacked

Discussion in 'Alternative Currencies' started by Lastonestanding, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Lastonestanding

Beginning the 13th of January, users of the New Zealand based cryptocurrency exchange of Cryptopia started experiencing technical difficulties with their accounts. The exchange went on to announce via twitter that they were carrying out an unscheduled maintenance to sort out the issue.
    Cryptocurrency Market Reaction To The Hack
    Many keen crypto traders and enthusiasts are curious as to how the crypto markets will handle news of the hack that was carried out on Cryptopia. One needs to only remember the market after-effects when exchanges were hacked in 2018. News of exchanges being hacked were accompanied by flash selling.

Checking the crypto markets, we find that the total market capitalization is stable at $122.482 Billion with Bitcoin (BTC) trading at $3,673. A majority of the top 100 cryptocurrencies are also in the green and exhibiting moderate gains after the weekend bloodbath.

However, a full 24 hours might be necessary to gauge the effect of the Cryptopia hack on the general feel and mood of the crypto markets.

What are your thoughts on news that Cryptopia has been hacked and significant losses incurred?

[​IMG]

2. Robinst

Robinst Member

Well.. People are in losses because of the rates and now that news.. I can't even imagine what do those feel who suffered from this hacker attack as most of us hold now waiting for better days in order to return our money at least. And I'm sure that no one will find that hacker and no one will turn the lost money back.
    I think it's better to use a hardwallet in order to be more or less safe.