Create new wallet - enter password

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
Android Dash Copay v3.14.1

When creating a new wallet, it prompts you for a password as shown here:

However on my device (2560x1440), the part that says "Please enter a password to encrypt your wallet keys on this storage device" is only visible for less than half a second, because the on-screen keyboard is automatically invoked, and it "pushes" the dialog box up so that only the red text is visible. You have to be paying close attention to even realize that there was additional text that disappeared instantly. There is no way to scroll to see the black text, you have to clear the on-screen keyboard for it to show.

Additionally, I thought it was odd that the "Cancel" button here still creates a wallet but it is unencrypted (with a warning message). I would think that "Cancel" should go back without creating the new wallet, and only entering a blank password should create an unencrypted wallet (with a warning message). Either that or "Cancel" should be renamed to "skip this step" or something similar like we saw in the initial wallet creation.

bob

Dash Core Team
May 31, 2018
Thanks @TroyDASH. I noticed the same thing when testing. This is the type of feedback we appreciate.

chinmi

Jul 20, 2017
Came here to post the same for Galaxy S6

"Hello, when logging in for the first time it asks to enter a password. However with the keyboard on screen (which happens automatically), the text prompt is cut off on my Galaxy S6. So I had to hide the keyboard to make sure what was asked of me"
Screenshot_20180628-080301.png

Attachments