Copay Issues

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
hashengineeringsolutions.com
Observation re: Importing another wallet (from a 12 word seed).
1. If one goes through Add Wallet / Import wallet and enters the 12-word phrase, there is a error that there is no record of this wallet and it must be added through Add Wallet / New Personal Wallet. This happens when importing from another app such as Dash Wallet 5.18.2 for testnet.
2. If one wants to import a wallet from another copay install, then Add Wallet / New Personal Wallet will give an error because we have to go through Add Wallet / Import Wallet.

Other observations:
1. After importing a wallet from another app or copay install, there is a lag before it starts to show transactions. It also asks for another PIN code. Is it possible that each wallet can have a different PIN?
2. Some users in the discord chat are reporting that the app slows down after adding 4 wallets and having over 4 transations.
  • My Android 4.4.4 device is rather slow with very few transactions
  • My Android 7 device is much faster
Both of my devices have the same wallet and the same balance as Dash Wallet 5.18.2 for testnet using the same 12-word phrase.

Last edited:

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
hashengineeringsolutions.com
In the Discord chat for dash nation users have also reported:
  1. It runs slower than Bitcoin Copay
  2. trying to send dash from unconfirmed transactions on testnet hangs but I guess that is normal as its an experimental feature..

3. Where is the public repo?
  4. App hangs (ANR) when adding a second wallet
  5. In the attached image "QR code is off centre on the very first screen when you open the app for the first time (android)."
  6. I also wish I didnt had to put a password to approve payments, take too long on a phone, those dots signatures would be enough.
  7. The backup password screen is slightly confusing when it asks for you "spending password" where previously it was stated as wallet password. I wasn't sure at first if it was asking for a new password.
  8. I installed and started the app. Got to the screen to create password. The on screen keyboard pops up and pushes the dialog box up the screen so you can't read it. (This has been reported by many users). Second, instead of creating the password, I closed the app at this point without supplying a password, reopened the app and it didn't save state, I was just thrown into the app without the option to create a password. (This was reported by one user)
  9. InstantSend doesn't work
  10. Branding is inconsistent (splash screen has new branding, rest of app has old branding).
  11. Scanning a QR Code (see attachment), D icon covers address.

Attachments