• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Continuing Dash Texas/California+Dash Atlanta/Boston 30 Dash Total

Should I keep on going with finding Dash Ambassadors?

• Yes, you seem to be doing good

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No, your ideas are a waste of funds

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blake

After going all around Texas and then spending almost a month in California I have learned some things about promoting Dash Digital Cash at meetups and getting to know crypto-enthusiasts.

If you can even find one true blue Dash supporter in a city consider yourself lucky-one that will come out for community outreach. I say that not to be negative but just as a fact. Everyone-including myself-can make big bold plans on the computer but when it comes down to it they can be hard to fulfill. For some this isn't an issue when creating a proposal-they just lay down big talk, big words and request a lot of DASH. To each their own....maybe I am just jealous....

After thinking it over I would like to continue what I am doing but also focus on a new area... Two new areas but also need to close up relationships with ones I have started. I can leave all documentation of transactions with Dash Watch-as I realize the last thing I want to do is leave people with a bad impression of Dash that I have reached out to in-Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, San Diego, Santa Barbara. Never could get someone interested enough in San Francisco-and quite frankly-don't enjoy the city. It's cold, windy, and dirty.

At the same time I wanted all Dash Ambassadors to realize that this wasn't a free ride. It wasn't just take a photo and get a big chunk of Dash. I want people to actually care about Venezuela, Africa, our DAO.... I've had great insight into each Ambassador we have chosen and I can say at least all of them do really care about crypto. I think they will push on and it takes a few times to realize what works. God I know it has for me.

I really believe some of the groups are making a difference in their own way.

I keep thinking of this experiment I remember reading about when I was in highschool. Where you can trap a monkey by cutting a hole in a coconut with a piece of banana in it. The monkey will not unleash his fist holding the banana therefore trapping his hand in the coconut. I think that is how we all feel in this Dash system-I don't want to drop off all my Dash to people who don't really care....and yet they don't want to spend their Dash if they aren't even going to get rewarded anymore. You see-were like the monkeys clinching on to to the banana and trapping ourselves. Meanwhile-we have a big old banana tree with plenty of bananas. (But not an unlimited supply and one that should be watched.)

Moving forward this monkey would- 1.) get all current ambassadors to step up and know that they will receive all funds that we have been talking about. 2.) Travel to Atlanta with a scaled down budget until I find the right people.

I think there are some great proposals out there but as always do worry about centralization. We need lots of little hubs, little outposts, and I think I am finding them. Perhaps I am wrong-here is your chance to let me know.

Dash Texas/California- 15 Dash to finish
Dash Atlanta/Boston- 15 Dash flyers, meetups, two ambassadors

I've contacted the Atlanta and Boston meetup groups I could find and would also like to go to these events I see everywhere I go called Geeks Who Drink. Not because I like it but because I have found that you can get Dash mentioned very easily to groups of people and have them win a little.

I can take the critique either way-if you think its worth it lets do it. If not-I'll stay in my small town and get a dish washing job or find a hotel to work at. Happy camper either way. I bought a piece of land ($4000 bucks) so I am happy to travel right now as I am moving out of my apartment. This has always been a labor of love for me even if San Francisco was snobby and unworthy of Dash Love.

Here to connect people to DASH. What I love to see-people taking Dash into real life situations...merchants, giveaways, gatherings, banners, flyers!!!!

I encourage everyone to post flyers at there local coffeeshops.

And so it goes.... and San Francisco your not so bad... I apologize...on the right day your beautiful.

Also big shout out to Dash Brazil-who brightened my day when in San Francisco and I think deserves praise.

Last edited:
@Blake your ideas are laudable.
You are doing a great job and your submissions are really needed. I urge you to carry on the good work

Appreciate it-there are ups and downs...but more ups than downs...so I say UP WE GO!

Back