• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Connection to host refused - port 22

yidakee

Foundation Member
Masternode related.

So I've been complaining to my ISP about connection issues, nothing major, just being bitchy. Then sent a tech in, changed the router (exact same model).
Everything went smooth, everything works.

I went to reconnect to EC2 instance, open the terminal and pressed "up" and...
yidakee@ubuntu:~/.darkcoin$ ssh -i '/var/run/vmblock-fuse/blockdir/6b16ea33/North_Virginia_14_04_MN4.pem' [email protected]
ssh: connect to host 54.86.62.146 port 22: Connection refused

Amazon console has green light, everything up and running their side. Same public IP and all. Ideas?

Port 22 is SSH. As far as I know, AWS requires certificates to log in. Are your certificates in order?

you mean the pem file? Sure, its been working fine until now! I stopped/restarted the instance, got a new public IP, same thing
wtf !! It makes no sense, but how weird, my router is changed and now I can't log into EC2

yidakee@ubuntu:~/.darkcoin$ ssh -vvv -i '/var/run/vmblock-fuse/blockdir/be63dc08/North_Virginia_14_04_MN4.pem' [email protected]
OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5ubuntu1.1, OpenSSL 1.0.1 14 Mar 2012
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 54.86.24.204 [54.86.24.204] port 22.
debug1: connect to address 54.86.24.204 port 22: Connection refused
ssh: connect to host 54.86.24.204 port 22: Connection refused

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it !! ... obviously router related.
Went to EC2 Management, Security Groups, Action button at the top, Edit inbound connections, and re-set SSH to "my ip".

pheeewww :confused: :p

Yah, I was gonna say your dynamic ip from home may have changed. I'm using noip, which gives me a named url that sends me to whatever my ip becomes so I can use fail2ban to keep myself clear.

Back