• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Compiling without IPv6 in 0.11.x.x?

Figlmüller

Hi there,

Since you changed your toolchain for building the darkcoin daemon, I could not find a way to disable IPv6 support. The configure script has no appropriate option (--disable-XX --without-XX).
I'm not sure how IPv6 and UPnP support got disabled in previous versions (compiler flags?!). Are they still valid?

Regards,

I dont know of any way to disable ipv6 at build time, but you can run the daemon in --onlynet=ipv4 mode.

Edit, I wonder why you dont want ipv6?

I dont know of any way to disable ipv6 at build time, but you can run the daemon in --onlynet=ipv4 mode.

Edit, I wonder why you dont want ipv6?

Thanks,

The infrastructure I'm working with has no full support for IPv6. I always disable IPv6 features where not needed as it has turned out to be a security risk sometimes due to a poor implementation of either server software the hypervising operating system or firewall appliances, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,

The infrastructure I'm working with has no full support for IPv6. I always disable IPv6 features where not needed as it has turned out to be a security risk sometimes due to a poor implementation of either server software the hypervising operating system or firewall appliances, etc.

Why not disable it at the interface not at the application? Are you running IPv6 for other things on the same system?

Hi,
Why not disable it at the interface not at the application? Are you running IPv6 for other things on the same system?

No, other software isn't using IPv6. IPv6 is usually disabled via kernel parameters on my machines. Nevertheless, darkcoind is binding itself with IPv6 sockets to the ports - which is rather a cosmetic issue.

--onlynet=ipv4 is should be enough.

Back