• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Compiling QT5 for Darkcoin QT Wallet

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Having some issues creating the QT wallet with qt5. Installed the dependencies for it from the build-unix.md in the doc directory.

build-unix.md said:
For Qt 5 you need the following:
sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev

When trying to compile I'm greeted with a nice error message of:

/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h:1008:4: error: #error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. " "Compile your code with -fPIC or -fPIE."
# error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. "\

I then went and grabbed the source of qt5 from git. After it downloaded 2GB's I tried to compile it with the --static flag. It didn't work.

So has anyone been able to use QT5 for compilation? Even the pre-compiled builds seem to utilize QT4.

Bumpity bump bump.

There's a reason why the build-me says that if offered both it'll grab QT4.

In other words, I tried as well, decided it's all fucked up and used QT4 instead :)

Edit: what I _could_ test is whether a gitian-build would finish....

There's a reason why the build-me says that if offered both it'll grab QT4.

In other words, I tried as well, decided it's all fucked up and used QT4 instead :)

Edit: what I _could_ test is whether a gitian-build would finish....

Yeah qt4 works but the interface looks bad for me. Missing words and disconfigured. It seems that even flare's gitain builds are compiled with qt4.

Damn QT5...

Yeah qt4 works but the interface looks bad for me. Missing words and disconfigured. It seems that even flare's gitain builds are compiled with qt4.

Damn QT5...
The Windows version is statically linked with QT5

upload_2015-1-22_0-15-59.png

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/contrib/gitian-descriptors/gitian-win.yml#L25

Wheras the Linux version is dynamically linked against QT, which means it "should" use the version installed on your system during runtime.

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/contrib/gitian-descriptors/gitian-linux.yml#L53

The Windows version is statically linked with QT5
Wheras the Linux version is dynamically linked against QT, which means it "should" use the version installed on your system during runtime.

Thanks Flare.

It's strange, I have removed all traces of qt4 from my system and have all dependencies to build with qt5 and yet it still seems to only look for qt4.

bash said:
/darkcoin-0.11.0.11-linux/bin/64 $ ./darkcoin-qt:
error while loading shared libraries: libQtGui.so.4:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Having some issues creating the QT wallet with qt5. Installed the dependencies for it from the build-unix.md in the doc directory.

When trying to compile I'm greeted with a nice error message of:

/usr/include/qt5/QtCore/qglobal.h:1008:4: error: #error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. " "Compile your code with -fPIC or -fPIE."
# error "You must build your code with position independent code if Qt was built with -reduce-relocations. "\

I then went and grabbed the source of qt5 from git. After it downloaded 2GB's I tried to compile it with the --static flag. It didn't work.

So has anyone been able to use QT5 for compilation? Even the pre-compiled builds seem to utilize QT4.
I'm using Qt5 and I can help on this one. export CXXFLAGS to include -fPIE

Code:
CXXFLAGS+=" -fPIE"
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb --with-gui=qt5
make -j $(nproc)

I would have helped you earlier on this but the translation-spamforce is totally obfuscating new interesting threads on this forum.

I'm using Qt5 and I can help on this one. export CXXFLAGS to include -fPIE

Code:
CXXFLAGS+=" -fPIE"
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb --with-gui=qt5
make -j $(nproc)

I would have helped you earlier on this but the translation-spamforce is totally obfuscating new interesting threads on this forum.

Lol subtle. I'll try to change it this week. Thanks btw, that worked perfectly.

Back