Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Co-pay testing review - Apple iOS

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Stealth923, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Stealth923

Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Have spent the morning reviewing Co-pay public beta. Let me first say that if the Core team are going to release Evolution public beta to this standard, please dont, for the sake of all who have invested in this coin.

Here is my feedback of initial testing, to which I have not tested multisig or shared wallets. I have tested most other features so far.

1) InstantSend is NOT working - when I send a transaction using InstantSend I dont get 6 confirms immediately. It starts at 1.
    2) It takes on average 2-5 minutes for a single transaction to be sent through the network, to get a single confirm, cant use that wallet again until its sent. Only when you go into advanced settings and enable "Use unconfirmed funds" can you send funds from the wallet again. How will normal users know how to do this? If not it will take 2-5 min per transaction.
    3) After I have sent a transaction, from a wallet, using InstantSend (which doesnt work) and I try to send a second NORMAL transaction I get random errors saying "InstantSend requires all dash you are sending to be held for about 15-20min"????? The wallet I am sending from has plenty of funds which have > 6 confirms. This has something to do when pasting the wallet address in manually. Seems to work fine when sending to address book contact.
    4) This is a public beta, why is there old branding and new branding mixed throughout the wallet, this is sloppy and shows complete lack of attention to detail. Finish simple things like this or dont release it to public beta!!!!!! Dash Wallet logo on Home screen is also low resolution and wrong size compared to wallet logos below.
    5) On the main screen, Recent transactions has a red circle and the number of transactions completed. When you click to go into details of recent transactions the red circle on the main screen should clear and reset the count. Instead the number just keeps going up. (See below how it tops out at 30)
    6) Whats with the science picture for each wallet profile....cant change it, why have it?
    7) From a UI perspective on the Home screen, the Dash wallets should be at the top, not at the bottom where you need to scroll down to see them all when you have 3 or more transactions. Or somehow look to condense the number or padding of recent transactions shown on the main screen. I know you can turn it off in advanced settings as well.
    8) In Bitcoin Co-pay you can reorder wallets using the small hamburger menu, why was this removed in Dash Co-pay?

My recommendation - look at wallets like Edge Secure wallet, Uphold etc in terms of quality. If we cant match it, why release it.

@Ryan Taylor @fernando @bob @Alexander Chopan @Liz R

Edit: After testing shared wallets with Dash-AI have found more issues:

9) When number of recent transactions tops out at 30 on the home screen, you cannot see anymore transaction history. It stops updating for any new transactions ingoing or outgoing.
    10) In settings, clear transaction history cache does absolutely nothing....

On a positive note, shared wallet seems to work fine, can join a shared wallet, create and reject proposals fine (note, only tested 2-of-2)

#1 Stealth923, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nuancer

Nuancer Member

I was also not impressed to see in the Google Play store a mix of the new and old Dash logos. Dash logos mixed.JPG

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Stealth923

Foundation Member

I agree, it should have some form of consistency with the T&C branding too not just the logo, i.e.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why arent the T&C branding logos used for InstantSend either?
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bob

bob New Member
    Dash Core Team

Thanks @Stealth923 for the feedback and review. Everything from transactions to branding are important to us. We released this beta with the intention to get the type of feedback you have provided. Although we won't have the time to respond to every review and/or mention of an issue, know that each issue will be tracked, prioritized, and resolved. Thank you again for your time and thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth923

Foundation Member

Thanks @bob, added more issues from more shared wallet testing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fuzzyduck

fuzzyduck Active Member

The warning popups when creating a wallet are in English. The rest of the wallet seems fine(in Dutch)

• Informative Informative x 1