Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Co-pay testing review - Android 8.1.0 on Pixel XL Log

Discussion in 'Android' started by Dash-Al, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Dash-Al

Dash-Al New Member

Worked on replicating some of the issues that @Stealth923 had on iOS to see if same issues on Android. His review is linked: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/co-pay-testing-review-apple-ios.39108/

Will add additional issues as I find them.

Functionality Review:

1) InstantSend is NOT working - when I send a transaction using InstantSend I dont get 6 confirms immediately. It starts at 1.
    Confirmed on Android

2) It takes on average 2-5 minutes for a single transaction to be sent through the network, to get a single confirm, cant use that wallet again until its sent. Only when you go into advanced settings and enable "Use unconfirmed funds" can you send funds from the wallet again. How will normal users know how to do this? If not it will take 2-5 min per transaction.
    Confirmed on Android. Get "insufficient funds message". UX fix would be to display message along with explanation and a button to go to settings to enable "Use unconfirmed funds"

3) After I have sent a transaction, from a wallet, using InstantSend (which doesnt work) and I try to send a second NORMAL transaction I get random errors saying "InstantSend requires all dash you are sending to be held for about 15-20min"????? The wallet I am sending from has plenty of funds which have > 6 confirms. This has something to do when pasting the wallet address in manually. Seems to work fine when sending to address book contact.
    Confirmed on Android

User Experience/User Interface Review:

1) This is a public beta, why is there old branding and new branding mixed throughout the wallet, this is sloppy and shows complete lack of attention to detail. Finish simple things like this or dont release it to public beta!!!!!! Dash Wallet logo on Home screen is also low resolution and wrong size compared to wallet logos below.
    100% agree with this.

2) On the main screen, Recent transactions has a red circle and the number of transactions completed. When you click to go into details of recent transactions the red circle on the main screen should gclear and reset the count. Instead the number just keeps going up.
    Agree with this, the red circle should serve as a notification of "new transactions".

3) Whats with the science picture for each wallet profile....cant change it, why have it?

I think it stands for "Testnet"

4) From a UI perspective on the Home screen, the Dash wallets should be at the top, not at the bottom where you need to scroll down to see them all when you have 3 or more transactions. Or somehow look to condense the number or padding of recent transactions shown on the main screen. I know you can turn it off in advanced settings as well.
    Agreed, wallets should go first.

5. When I go to scan QR code, a grey old Dash logo covers up the first part of the address. Would make it hard to confirm that the address is correct. Image attached.

6. After I scan a QR code then choose "add as contact" I have to scan the QR code again. Instead it should auto-fill that with the address that I wanted to add as contact.

Attached Files:

#1 Dash-Al, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. bob

bob New Member
    Dash Core Team

Thanks @Dash-Al. Appreciate the confirmation of issues on the Android side.

3. Dash-Al

Dash-Al New Member

Additional Finds:

1. Color of the app is off, the blue is too dark. Please refer to documentation here: https://www.dash.org/graphics/
    2. "Clear cache" button under Settings => Choose a wallet => More Options => Transaction History => Clear Cache just takes you to that wallet but other than that does nothing.
    3. Clearing the cache manually on the phone through phone settings does not clear the transaction history like it says it does on the app.

4. t0dd

t0dd Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    XyxQq4qgp9B53QWQgSqSxJb4xddhzk5Zhh
    Android 8.1.0 - Nexus 5x

Issue number 9 is the most significant. It's the same issue I brought up with the copay wallet we tested in January. Read on...

1. Upon receipt of dash... no notification. I.e., For example, if The Dash Wallet (hashengineering) receives a payment, I will get a system notification.

2. Spending password creation dialogue shoved a bit off the screen by the keyboard popup (others mentioned this as well).

3. InstantSend logic: I get the error message that you have to wait 15-20 minutes for the dash you are sending to confirm. I have about 100 Dash in this wallet. I am trying to send 5. There are about 40 dash that are newer than the required confirmations. Can't the wallet pull from inputs that meet the spec?

4. InstandSend "Error" dialogue: It's not really an error if you try to IS too early. Talk to the UX Designers. This should be called something else. Some kind of "Please Wait" notification or some such.

4.b. I dismissed the error dialogue and "Slide to send" worked anyway. :) Wee! I have no idea what really happened there. You can do it everytime, I think.

5. Send Max Amount: "Error getting SendMax information" Why? What is wrong? No idea.

6. Sent Dash to the same wallet (transfer to same)...
    6.a. Home shows Payment sent and Payment received correctly (as does recent transactions).
    6.b. Wallet view shows, at first, that it is sending the Dash, but nothing about receiving.
    6.c. Wallet view shows (after confirmation) that the dash was "Moved" but doesn't give any context until you click into the transaction or view the transaction view (6.a.) above. Maybe a nit pick, but smells like something can be improved here. 6.b. seems to be the real messaging deficiency.

7. Tried to send more dash to external address before the funds in 6. above confirmed. Error message was "Insufficient funds" ... I have a balance of over 100 dash that are just sitting there that are very confirmed.

8. Recovery from old testnet copay seed - no notification that your balance is still syncing...
    I tested dash_copay in January. So, I decided to recover from that seed. Turns out I had something like 800+ dash in that wallet, but... I didn't see it show up again for a long long long time (a day or so?) anyway. There probably needs to be messaging during the recovery process that the full balance may not be accurate for... a long long LONG time depending on your earliest transaction.

Interestingly, when I uninstalled and reinstalled... the balance was restored

9. Creating another wallet: No reminder to backup the seed. Every wallet has their own seed, yo! This can and will be a significant support burden. It's not one seed for the whole application (the Copay wallet is really a wallet of wallets). My test "Wallet 2" funds were lost when I uninstalled and restored assuming noob-thinking that there was only one seed neccessary. You need heavy nagging for every new wallet generated. This is a big deal. If I could put blink tags around this issue, I would.

10. Branding: Inconsistent. I am sure you are aware of this and others have mentioned it.

11. RFE: If I look at "Recent transactions" there should be a way to then view all transactions. Not a big deal (you can look at each wallet), but a nice to have.

That's it for now.
    The positive: It's smooth and pretty. And once the kinks are worked out... a nice win for the Dash Network.
    -t

5. t0dd

t0dd Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    XyxQq4qgp9B53QWQgSqSxJb4xddhzk5Zhh
    I send any amount from the copay wallet... and I have to wait... 15 to 20 minutes to send again. ???
    The more I use it the more I think the UTXOs are not managed properly. Or there is some logic error going on in the UI.

#5 t0dd, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  6. Dash-Al

Dash-Al New Member

Another UX suggestion is the ability to reorder the wallets on the home screen (move wallets up and down).

7. InhumanPerfection

This feature exist in original Copay wallet, but was removed from Dash Copay for some reason.