• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cant Locate my DASH coins

stan

Hi Guys I know this will sound a little stupid but since the surge in this crypo i went to my Poloneix account
and realised that i have withdrew
10 dash on 6/09/2016 to Xx55fFKMpC2sxG211bWWz4ruGioPrLJPwp
and 50 dash on 7/06/2016 to XrJBf39jvtkZnV1aSvto2KiWHBE2pQQ8xv

I think I might have withdrew it to a wallet i have opened ( at that time i was trying to move all my altcoins to relevant wallets) how ever i have no Idea which wallet it is,i dont seem to have any record also dont understand why are there two different addresses, I imagine there should be only one for that potential wallet i would have opened, can someone please help me, I am happy to offer a reward for anyone who can help me.

? i guess only you know what wallets you used !
not that heard as there were not many wallets available
dashcore
electrum
exodus
jaxx
android
maybe iOS
coinomi
and that should be it

but why do you think there are two different addresses that its been sent to?

well
safest way always is to use a new address for each transfer
u can select that on polo and other pages
i guess u did

but dont you have one address per wallet?

no many many many addresses per wallet
and you are encouraged to use different addresses each time
(personal choice obviously)

is there a way I can trace those addresses to the particular exchange or a wallet?

u can on block explorer but that only gives u an adress (no names or details)

I am pretty sure that it would have been online wallet not the one you download, do you know what are the mail online wallets?
also do you know when it got changed from dark coin to dash?

Guys most likely it would have been dash core wallet, when i went yesterday and loaded dash core software, it seem new wallet been created it never really asked me for user name and password, as a matter of fact I dont think there is a password when I load the software it takes me straight to the wallet, how can a access my "old account" the one that most likely got coins that i transferred there last year?

Guys most likely it would have been dash core wallet, when i went yesterday and loaded dash core software, it seem new wallet been created it never really asked me for user name and password, as a matter of fact I dont think there is a password when I load the software it takes me straight to the wallet, how can a access my "old account" the one that most likely got coins that i transferred there last year?

loading a new wallet will always create an empty new wallet.dat (un encrypted)
quit wallet
and replace wallet.dat (in dashcore) with your old/full wallet.dat
start wallet (might need to reindex )

sorry I dont understand, I quit the new wallet , how do I open my old wallet? What do you mean by reindex?

Win
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming click start, type %appdata% and hit enter

U are looking for your directory : Dashcore (where the wallet.dat is located)

reindex:
when wallet open (with full wallet.dat) and no coins show
Tools - Wallet Repair- Rebuid Index

Back