• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can someone help me set up a masternode step by step? I will pay for your time.

There is an entire section just for that. Check out the guides section and Masternode Section. Good luck.

Even if it is just a question and answer session.
I used the guides and it was still quite the learning curve for me. I seam to have a handle on it now that I have set up 2. I am running windows with a remote linux setup. What OS are you running and are you wanting to host locally or with a VPN. Do you have skype?

I used the guides and it was still quite the learning curve for me. I seam to have a handle on it now that I have set up 2. I am running windows with a remote linux setup. What OS are you running and are you wanting to host locally or with a VPN. Do you have skype?

That is kind of where I am at. I have read and reread the guides but still not quite sure how to proceed.
I have Windows 7 on my PC. I have never used Linux. I want to host with a VPN. Yes, I have Skype.

yidakee knows what he's doing very well. He's been helping in testnet with masternodes since months ago and he is the one who published the link provided.
You can also check with weirdgod . He wrote the guide for the hot/cold setup using Windows + remote Linux VPS and also offers his services to set up masternodes.
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/drk-guide-rc3-masternode-windows-local-linux-remote-vultr.1367/

If you don't have any experience with Linux I would definitely recommend using any of them. You'll sleep much better and what they charge is nothing compared with the value of a MN. In your case I would also recommend using Amazon as your VPS provider. They are a bit more expensive than the others, but their approach to security will be easier for you to understand and maintain. And you need to start reading and learning! Digital Ocean (another VPS provider) has very good articles in their website. Amazon also has some nice content.

That is kind of where I am at. I have read and reread the guides but still not quite sure how to proceed.
I have Windows 7 on my PC. I have never used Linux. I want to host with a VPN. Yes, I have Skype.
Either of the individuals listed would be a great resource to get help. Weirdgod answered a few questions for me to get me started. Hope you get it figured out. You can always do as much as you can then ask questions here when you get stuck.

Either of the individuals listed would be a great resource to get help. Weirdgod answered a few questions for me to get me started. Hope you get it figured out. You can always do as much as you can then ask questions here when you get stuck.
Obviously he can do whatever he pleases, but given that he hasn't ever used linux I would not recommend to go this route alone. With the hot/cold setup it is difficult to lose the coins, but still we are talking about a lot of money at stake. If things work properly a MN should give around 30 drk/month. If they don't, it will give nothing. I'd pay to get the MN started and then get another vps instance and start learning to manage a server with another application that doesn't risk as much money. Anyway, just my two cents. It can also be done as you say, but there are risks.

Back