• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can one just throw a DAO idea on the table?

Vedran Yoweri

Dash Altcoin DAO.

Goal is to create and market the (or a) official Dash Altcoin (it's 'official' LTC)
  • Will have better funding than any other dash clone, so can have a quick start with quality devs and have their budgeting system make them self funded quickly.
  • Will have technological backing from the Dash devs.
  • Will be the first dash clone with all sexy functionality working. Obviously some tactical choices should be made here.
  • Can try more 'radical' changes / adjustments / options to test for dash or just to supply the market.
  • Training and evaluating new core team members, they could make promotions to dash.
  • Why leave this market to others?
  • Let other dash clones compete with this one.
  • Can compete on the same level with the competition on push back on trolling etc. We need to be civil at all times / everywhere.
  • Would be a perfect 'show of force' for the dash DAO, take out some competition, and raise the bar for future competition. again.
  • Would be ( i think ) another 'First' for Dash.
  • Would create an even more comforting place for both juvenile and more mature like investors.
I'm sure there are points to make against, so please help me out on that.

Thanks.

The problem with a simple clone is you need to get a network backing it. It's like starting from scratch. I think the DAO's purpose is more to fund a service with smart contracts?? Certainly, making a clone is within that realm but I just don't see the purpose? I would rather see a DAO that utilizes the MN network, such as turning it into a TOR like service that competes because it's fast and not limited in bandwidth (or as limited for certain) With the DAPI entry points would be obfuscated and unseen by MNs too. It'd be a far more secure system. I can also see the MN network running a decentralized exchange, a decentralized marketplace, all kinds of things that add value. But I'm sure there are tons of more financially oriented services that we could offer as well, I am simply not a financial person, and have no clue what kind of products would be good to create there :p

Back