Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience UPDATED

Solarminer

Apr 4, 2015
In relation to the actual topic I have one suggestion to keep in mind. For any hardware designs please put them under an appropriate hardware open source license. GPL or other common software licenses do not exactly apply to the hardware world. Something like OSHW is more applicable http://www.oshwa.org/

Additionally please make sure to provide the schematics, pcb layouts or other design files in a format people can easily work with in common software such as Eagle not something that is a pain like PDF.
Thank you for the suggestion. If you don't mind, I may ping you for more advise when we are ready to publish documentation.

pinwc4

May 16, 2014
Thank you for the suggestion. If you don't mind, I may ping you for more advise when we are ready to publish documentation.
Certainly, at some point I need to get more involved in a useful manner anyways. However I am merely an amatuer hobbyist who does some electronics and programming.

And also to add since I have been vague in areas I have voted yes for this proposal with my masternodes. Everyone did a great job for the Miami Conference and the creation of tools to allow vendors to easily integrate Dash with hardware is something that is needed and will benefit the community. I want to see the evolution of your efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDashGuy

Dec 16, 2015
Certainly, at some point I need to get more involved in a useful manner anyways. However I am merely an amatuer hobbyist who does some electronics and programming.

And also to add since I have been vague in areas I have voted yes for this proposal with my masternodes. Everyone did a great job for the Miami Conference and the creation of tools to allow vendors to easily integrate Dash with hardware is something that is needed and will benefit the community. I want to see the evolution of your efforts.
/clap /bow

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
way too much emotions and heat in this thread, what happened to keeping it all objective and not feel personally insulted
when involved (emotionally or financially) in these budget proposals ?

Solarminer

Apr 4, 2015
way too much emotions and heat in this thread, what happened to keeping it all objective and not feel personally insulted
when involved (emotionally or financially) in these budget proposals ?
Emotions are not all bad here...I am excited about all the offers to help. Really encouraging.

Camo....well. He is trying to encourage a fight instinct so the conversation switches to "Lets do this, now where do we start?" instead of "Why do it?".. It seems to be working with a few volunteers. Don't let the way he gets his point across detract from the goals of the project.

acidburn

May 26, 2014
can someone explain to me how they think they're going to get merchant adoption without this proposal then? The ones objecting... Are you going to get off your arse and do something that has a practical meaning to dash? Something that will allow Bob down the street to think that holding dash is worthwhile??

No! That's the answer! No. You want to hold your dash and hope that the value rises and then cash out. Whilst hoping for the millions. I hate to break it to you. It won't. Not without adoption. And that's what these guys want to bring.

David

Jun 21, 2014
For what it's worth, camosoul is no longer participating in this project:

(From Dashwhale)

camosoul 1 point,2 hours ago
Please vote no on this. The community clearly doesn't have the insight or maturity to understand it. It's as if we're debating whether we should breathe Oxygen or Phosphoric Acid. It's not even a conversation... Vote it down. This was a test of the community's capacity to make the big plays, and it can't do it. Not even close. Masternodes are still too cheap to keep the jackasses out. I'm not going to put myself on the line for this foolishness. I will not entrust myself to a group that displays such a desperate need for a maturity injection. Only a damn fool would put himself in these hands. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend DASH to any business with this sort of so-called "leadership." I can't even recommend it to a kid with a lemonade stand.

Reactions: InTheWoods

oaxaca

Foundation Member
Jul 8, 2014
We all wish David would no longer participate in this discussion. Solar explained above.

acidburn

May 26, 2014
David... I have to ask, how is that constructive? I get that he's narked at the minute and he has every right to be so. Everyone drooled over that dash vending machine and completely missed the point of it. It was to demonstrate the uniqueness of dash and IX. A small step in the right direction but now everyone has decided that we don't need that anymore. Instead we just need Evan to keep creating magical code that will increase the value of the coin...

I'll never ever understand such a stupidity.

THIS COIN NEEDS MERCHANTS!! Not just Evan!!!!

David

Jun 21, 2014
We all wish David would no longer participate in this discussion. Solar explained above.
Then I suppose it's unfortunate that I live in a free country. Ban me or block me.

David... I have to ask, how is that constructive? I get that he's narked at the minute and he has every right to be so. Everyone drooled over that dash vending machine and completely missed the point of it. It was to demonstrate the uniqueness of dash and IX. A small step in the right direction but now everyone has decided that we don't need that anymore. Instead we just need Evan to keep creating magical code that will increase the value of the coin...
I'm just pointing out that he's no longer involved with the project. Quoting the co-sponser of the proposal is not constructive? Well damn...you have my apologies.

Reactions: InTheWoods

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
Emotions are not all bad here...I am excited about all the offers to help. Really encouraging.

Camo....well. He is trying to encourage a fight instinct so the conversation switches to "Lets do this, now where do we start?" instead of "Why do it?".. It seems to be working with a few volunteers. Don't let the way he gets his point across detract from the goals of the project.
To be honest i was not referring to you, i observed and respect the rationality that you demonstrate in your posts and the excitement you feel about it is understandable.

Good luck with your proposal.

Solarminer

Apr 4, 2015
To be honest i was not referring to you, i observed and respect the rationality that you demonstrate in your posts and the excitement you feel about it is understandable.
Thanks. I didn't think that was directed at us either. Just making an attempt to switch the discussion to a more positive attitude.

B

buster

If you look at photos from Miami you will see one thing glowing brighter than anything else there. Not only metaphoricaly speaking, it was actually glowing bright while all other objects, items and people were pretty dark. The Soda Machine.

I support the guys behind this project and would love to see it be funded.

oaxaca

Foundation Member
Jul 8, 2014
Then I suppose it's unfortunate that I live in a free country. Ban me or block me.
I shall do neither. All I ask is that if you feel compelled to post in this thread, have something constructive to say. FUD is never appreciated.

fulltimegeek

Foundation Member
Sep 17, 2014
Penfield, NY
FWIW, voted yes.

The past performance of this group has been fruitful. Let's see if they can continue the winning streak.

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
If you look at photos from Miami you will see one thing glowing brighter than anything else there. Not only metaphoricaly speaking, it was actually glowing bright while all other objects, items and people were pretty dark. The Soda Machine.

I support the guys behind this project and would love to see it be funded.
I had to sabotage the lights just to get a decent picture of our girl standing next to it... A dark hallway with 10 tables... The bitcoin "conference" they called it... I've been to high school 4H expos that were 20x what that was...

To call it a joke would be an insult to jokes. Even really bad ones. Like this: What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing! She's been told twice already!

Lukas_Jackson

Nov 9, 2014
Voted YES.
How many proposals did we have from people who actually want to do things in RL?
On marketing, "Masternode Owners" :rolleyes: voted yes almost without questions, yet when some ordinary people from community are wiling to make worthy things happen, people act like they were being robbed. It's not like they are going to get a million dollars in a first batch.
And really, 8 years is something to bitch about? If you know how DGBB work, it could be even set on thousand years.
If you don't trust them, well I guess you have no choice but not to be lazy MN owner.

edit: ordinary means motivated, skilled, experienced and fearless :tongue::D

InTheWoods

Foundation Member
Oct 12, 2014
Anyone that`s currently considering voting yes or already voted yes should read the crap Camo posted on dashwhale.

This one takes the cake:

Reactions: bhkien

Lukas_Jackson

Nov 9, 2014
Anyone that`s currently considering voting yes or already voted yes should read the crap Camo posted on dashwhale.

This one takes the cake:

You're certainly in the woods. I'll make it easy for you
./dash-cli mnbudget vote 74e9003906b2ddba7b0115e9bc728367255122cf8da64b5bafec22b9d35683af no
go Dash

Lukas_Jackson

Nov 9, 2014
You need to manage to turn that fear, uncertainty and doubt into a powerful sense of wanting to do the best you can for Dash ;)
Yeah, better wait and see. Maybe the price of my dash will go up when I watch the charts only.

noobtrader

Mar 27, 2015

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
If you believe this is the only question, then just throw your money away to anyone who promises you anything.

I want to create the software and hardware to easily interface with a wide variety of products and some pink unicorns on top. Now give me your money and don't worry about the details.
The only thing they're promising is to WORK on this goal, find the best ways to do it, interact with merchants to come up with solutions. They are creating a new core development team for Merchant integration, this is 100% necessary for the success of Dash.

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
We have a more flexible notion with less ePeen. Not that it's a bad project. We just have a better idea that could service more than mere vending machines. moocowmoo is already beyond this and he's giving it away once he's happy with cleaning it up. Hell, I'm already beyond this and I'm terrible. I've done keypad interfaces with the good ol' Basic Stamp and PICaxe microcontrollers. Ah, those were the days... Nerding just to nerd isn't useful tho. The only reason a Pi is even needed is to handle the overhead of dashd and monitor network traffic. If you're not even doing that, then you're only making an example of fat code. Do it with an 8-pin 0.1MHz PICaxe and I'll give it a pass... If I can do it, surely an expert can... I'm not trying to mock it... But look around at the massive resource bloat/waste that has come into the picture since the Arduino... No one writes tight code anymore, or bothers to learn their architecture well enough to know how even if they had to... Look what the Amiga did for Babylon 5... Try that on a PC of the same era?

It should also be noted that the Pi2B just barely does the job. It still misses observations now and then. We need to upgrade to a much more powerful platform, like the XU4. But, as of v0.13, it should be possible to do the job with a Pi Zero. Which I already blew a bunch of money buying from gougers so we'd have the platform ready to go, before we hit this bizarre budgeting roadblock... I gave one to each member of the team, and bought 5 for myself because, well, they know why, lols! oaxaca volunteered his CHIP, but I think we'll stick with the more distributed Pi line even though it's not actually better. It's plenty good enough. Cost-wise there isn't really a lot of savings between the Pi0 and the Pi2B. The XU4 is a costly little bugger tho and I've got 3 now. But you can't argue with it's I/O and raw muscle. Sahweet little machines, those XU4s...

I soldered up the TI logic level shifters and could pretty much go shove the new hardware in the machine yesterday, but woah nelly, not after this bru ha ha....

If the community doesn't want it because they're scared and would rather talk shit. Wahtevs. I'm supposed to be on a boat right now. You're welcome.

Notice that this doesn't get used for Bitcoin anywhere that actually matters... Because Bitcoin can't do anything that actually matters. It lacks the feature set to fulfill it's own vision. DASH can restore Satoshi's vision, pull it back out of the stinking pit of ponzi/mlm BS that crypto has become. But nobody wants that... Rather squat in a cave polishing their precious... Remember that boat I mentioned? It quite literally will sail. Or someone will fork these features that have been left rotting on the vine...

Reactions: Sub-Ether

Jeztah

Oct 9, 2014
This place is no better than btctalk. DW now is also toxic. I came here to escape the idiocy. Ironic.