• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget proposal for Charity and other good causes ?

do you agree that monthly proposal should add fund for charity and good causes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

noobtrader

I just learned that Zcoin already doing these $25,000 commitment to defense efforts for creator of Silk Road, Ross... https://twitter.com/ZCoinProject/status/787408138358194176

and i think this is awesome idea, imagine the hype over it.

i'd say let make a proposal for something like these, its a good marketing especially if mass media spotlight on it. it will be like free ad for us.
i think this is a better idea than spending the money for gimmich like atm stuff, where no one really like.

I vote definitely yes! A good cause is the universal dividend, for example! Additionaly, let everyone propose the good cause he prefers, then vote the good causes, and let the first X good causes to get the reward-bounty. And let the X to be defined, by voting with numbers of course!

But wait, isnt the current budget system itself, already designed for good causes? If it is, then why bad causes are voted there? If the current budget system failed to support good causes, what makes you believe that your "good causes system" will provide good causes?

It is the quality of the whales, that results bad causes to be voted. So it is the voting power of the whales that should be diminished, if we want good causes for dash. Give the voting power to the people, to those that can prove their individuality.

Last edited:
I'm not against charity, but if the benefit to Dash is the hype/increased exposure then it seems like one of the most expensive ways to advertise. I don't think a charity event would produce so much attention to be worth it.

I'm not against charity, but if the benefit to Dash is the hype/increased exposure then it seems like one of the most expensive ways to advertise. I don't think a charity event would produce so much attention to be worth it.

if you were talking about 25000 usd amount that i use as an example, fyi it was like 500 usd per month because the money will be sent each month for 4 years. compared to the what we have as basically an news material for media exposure (such as atm, conference, promotional event), it was cheaper. nevertheless our media dept surely love those news worthy stunt.

EDIT : we might instead donating to opensource project, the exact place where ppl with programming talent gather. good exposure, might attract more coder to our community also the money surely will be well spent.
take this one for example : https://www.oasis-open.org/member-sections/donate

Last edited:
Back