Budget Proposal - «Donation to Edward Snowden»

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
I swore I would never ever let it happen again
I have a 1919A4. Made in Israel, originally. It's a John Browning design, obviously. But Israel made more of them... Since owning it would be illegal in the USA, it was cut down and the Right-Hand Side Plate was removed to make it "not a gun anymore." Sad. Because this specimen has hand-engraved on the trunion in Hebrew: "never again." The history the anti-gun zealots would destroy... Speaking of... Sad so many Jews are fighting hard to make it happen again... All it takes is one generation of ignorant, spoiled brats who don't understand the value of being armed.

Reactions: buster and moli

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
If we are aiming for mainstream adoption, this is the type of extremist* viewpoint that we need to keep from projecting, at least when using "official" (budget system) money. Individuals are of course free to donate to whatever causes they wish.

*I don't mean this in an unkind way at all. But your position, while it undoubtedly has merit, falls far outside the spectrum of "mainstream." While there is definitely value in outlying opinions, I'm not sure we (as a project) should ally ourselves with them.
If you only want to appeal to the stats-quo, then use dollars. The whole point of DASH is to disrupt the corrupt, no matter how popular. I believe your perspective is self-defeating, because history demonstrates it to be self-defeating every time it has been promoted. Every. Single. Time. There are few absolutes. This is one of them.

David

Jun 21, 2014
If you only want to appeal to the stats-quo, then use dollars. The whole point of DASH is to disrupt the corrupt, no matter how popular. I believe your perspective is self-defeating, because history demonstrates it to be self-defeating every time it has been promoted. Every. Single. Time. There are few absolutes. This is one of them.
My desire to promote Dash as a payment system is not inconsistent with any of my previous statements. Just because I don't unreservedly support sending money to Edward Snowden doesn't mean that I don't want to change the world's financial systems.