Branding Discussion

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Coin - I need vector format. Who has it?
Pretty sure it's a 3D render. I don't think there's a vector version of it, but Enzwell should know for sure.

Reactions: Enzwell

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
Hello, Guys, I am interested in taking a shot at creating stationery for Darkcoin, I run a business in my real life and have a great graphic designer I use for these things. Presentation cards, header, footers, folder design, word template, etc. I want to leverage my real life infrastructure for DRK. I will of course pay for his services myself and submit the files to the community. All I need is access to what we currently have in terms of logos,etc. just_mike Could you help me find what we currently have? Also is there a place for live interaction for the community team? I saw the IRC created by Propulsion is that what we will be officially using?

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
Hello, Guys, I am interested in taking a shot at creating stationery for Darkcoin, I run a business in my real life and have a great graphic designer I use for these things. Presentation cards, header, footers, folder design, word template, etc. I want to leverage my real life infrastructure for DRK. I will of course pay for his services myself and submit the files to the community. All I need is access to what we currently have in terms of logos,etc. just_mike Could you help me find what we currently have? Also is there a place for live interaction for the community team? I saw the IRC created by Propulsion is that what we will be officially using?
Sounds good!
IRC and Asana. Problem with IRC was not having a record of discussions, but that can be solved with the Quassel server.

just_mike

Mar 9, 2014
Los Angeles
Awesome! Everything you should need is in the first post.

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
Awesome! Everything you should need is in the first post.
OK I am on it, this is going to be professional work and subject to feedback and revision. I will report progress next week.

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
OK, I have assigned the project to my graphic design guy,business cards, Word template, folder, etc. I should have a first draft around Wednesday I will then expect some feedback from the community and we could have something final by next Friday. This is a preliminary schedule will confirm our progress next Tuesday.

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Can we get the links for Facebook on the website and bitcointalk (and anywhere else it's linked) changed to the new one? Also maybe a Tweet notifying everyone that there's a new official page?

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
I've been working on adding info and posting some content. Let me know if anyone has suggestions for additions or changes.

just_mike

Mar 9, 2014
Los Angeles
I don't like the main image a lot. How about the one from darkcoin.io? Which brings up the point - do we have rights to use that image?

I'd like to see more phots but don't know what else to add. Evan's pic? Merchants? A few of the meme pics from other thread?

just_mike

Mar 9, 2014
Los Angeles
Also the piece about cryptsy is interesting but i doubt it will go live any time soon. They have had BTC/USD trading pair up for a while (6+ months).

eltito

Apr 21, 2014
Also the piece about cryptsy is interesting but i doubt it will go live any time soon. They have had BTC/USD trading pair up for a while (6+ months).
More of a "hey we're in the big leagues". That's why I put it there anyway.

Also I'm a little loopy on cold meds and I just reported your post by accident... With the same reply as a reason.

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
I don't like the main image a lot. How about the one from darkcoin.io? Which brings up the point - do we have rights to use that image?

I'd like to see more phots but don't know what else to add. Evan's pic? Merchants? A few of the meme pics from other thread?
Image is public domain. It's just temporary until we find something better. The problem with the images on the website or Wired is that they don't really follow the established color scheme.

just_mike

Mar 9, 2014
Los Angeles
The wired background is nice and would be better in our colors.

If the website images are public domain, I am ok with using for now. Just need to have proof of public domain.

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
If the website images are public domain, I am ok with using for now. Just need to have proof of public domain.
I posted links in the image description.

eltito

Apr 21, 2014
The wired background is nice and would be better in our colors.

The wired background is fantastic, but wouldn't their design would be copyrighted? Or is it ok for us to use because they used our logo?

Also, proposed edits to the description:

Darkcoin (Ticker symbol: DRK) is a digital currency based on the Bitcoin software. Created by software developer and financial advisor Evan Duffield, Darkcoin's primary objective is to offer its users a secure, and privacy-centric alternative to Bitcoin. Darkcoin is the top leading anonymous digital currency; founded on and (clumsy, too wordy, and redundant after the first sentence)it improves upon the well-established Bitcoin source code and features a custom, decentralized implementation of the CoinJoin transaction protocol a decentralized transaction protocol which that (that, not which - must be a restrictive clause, otherwise it could mean that all CoinJoin implementations are trustless) removes the need for its Darkcoin users to trust entrust a third-party to maintain its users' their privacy to a third party.

Edit: OK that got a bit messy. I'll just quote the original and my proposed revisions so it's readable.

Original:
Darkcoin (Ticker symbol: DRK) is a digital currency based on the Bitcoin software. Created by software developer and financial advisor Evan Duffield, Darkcoin's primary objective is to offer its users a secure and privacy-centric alternative to Bitcoin. Darkcoin is the top anonymous digital currency, founded on and improving upon the well-established Bitcoin source code and featuring a custom implementation of CoinJoin, a decentralized transaction protocol which removes the need to trust a third-party to maintain its users' privacy.
Proposed revision:
Darkcoin (Ticker symbol: DRK) is a digital currency based on the Bitcoin software. Created by software developer and financial advisor Evan Duffield, Darkcoin's primary objective is to offer its users a secure, privacy-centric alternative to Bitcoin. Darkcoin is the leading anonymous digital currency; it improves upon the well-established Bitcoin source code and features a custom, decentralized implementation of the CoinJoin transaction protocol that removes the need for Darkcoin users to entrust their privacy to a third party.

Last edited by a moderator:

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
I made a 3D model of the logo. I figured it might be useful for graphics or animations for videos. If anyone has any ideas for it, let me know. Here's an example formatted for a Facebook cover:

Attachments

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
Hello, Guys, I just wanted to give you a sneak preview of what I am working on with my graphic designer, this is not a final draft. At this point I expect some basic feedback from the team just to see if you like the general concept. Tomorrow or Thursday, I will be presenting a full draft including, business cards, folder, Word Template with cover page, etc, (this can be extended to facebook, banners), at that point complete feedback is expected so we can move to a final product. I will then print some stuff on my local printer and make the files available to just_mike and the community. I have not been posting much as I am working on this and expect to have something final hopefully by Friday. What do you guys think? eltito fernando raze TanteStefana Enzwell Please do provide some feedback at this point to know if I am on the right track.

darkcoin-backgrounds.jpg

Reactions: raze and just_mike

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
They look great. Where would these two be used? One on left looks like a cover page.
You are right, cover page, folder. The idea is to apply the concept in different contexts. For example, we just finished the business card sample. There is a one side and a two side version. eduffield, InternetApe , just_mike I am still thinking where and when to include the tagline "Anonymous Digital Currency", please comments and feedback appreciated.

Darkcoin.businesscard-2014.jpg

Reactions: raze

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Very nice, Minotaur! Clean and professional. I like it.