• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Blockchain: Money conference not funded.. why ??

Icebucket

So this should have been a winner proposal from the beginning, what went wrong ?
Im curious why people did not vote for it.

The reasons I can see why people did not like it was no1 the price 15.000$

As I understood the proposal then this was for 2 different conferences one in Nov, the other in Jan.
for a packet price of 11.000 or a premiere exhibitor package of 13.500$

Andim assuming the 3000$ for travel expenses for kot and holger was for both of these conferences. (might be wrong there)

Just want to get peoples opinion on this as why this was not approved.

Could it be the travel expenses that people dont approve of or is it the steep conference price that people dont like ?

There were a lot of competing proposals during that budget cycle -- the others were prioritized by the MNOs over this.
Travel expenses are minimal, I have no doubt that this would have been approved easily if it was only travel expenses. The premiere exhibitor package on the other hand was exorbitantly expensive and those funds would be better spent on other things in my opinion.

That was my thoughts as well Troy the Premium package was over the limit. It makes more seance to be approved to go to a conference than being the golden cow at that conference

Surely it has to be sensible conference cost + reasonable travelcost = a good time

Think people going to these events have to consider is that this is a startup venture, When you have a startup you pinch pennies. Im not saying they have to stay at backpackers hostels or eat noodles for every meal. But these travel expediencies are way out of wack with a startup. And possibly thats why this proposal was rejected.

Glaring in the general direction of the people who usually go to these events.

There has to be some buffer.. Some penny pinching pixy that has the last word in these events. If this is not addressed it will lead to mayhem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input guys. For the future events we will consider different approach.
Some of these conferences will be available for us with low expenses, some of them will be skipped due to the high cost. At the end of the day it is up to the one who organizes the event. This is not us who set the prices for these conferences.

Many voted for Legal over Blockchain:Money, because both couldn't be done with the funds we had available at that time. It was a very competitive budget month; ironically, in October we left 1100 DASH on the table (uncreated) which is about $10,000 USD that could have gone to develop the ecosystem but instead was never created.

Go figure! Some months are just busier than others I guess.

Ok just an idea here, we know that there will be allot of conferences in the future, why not have a monthly fund for this occasion. Some amount set aside monthly for these projects. Lets say some thing like 300 Dash per month.

Think that would encourage better spending by the people planing these events if they know they have to save for the next conference.

smoothing out the draw that conferences place on the budget would make sense.

Back