• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

BitOasis Reportedly Delists ZEC and XMR As Privacy Demand and Crackdowns Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Mason

BitOasis Reportedly Delists ZEC and XMR As Privacy Demand and Crackdowns Grow

BitOasis-Reportedly-Delists-ZEC-and-XMR-As-Privacy.jpg

BitOasis, a Dubai-based cryptocurrency exchange, will allegedly delisted ZCash and Monero after notifying customers via email.

Learn more - https://dashnews.org/bitoasis-reportedly-delists-zec-and-xmr-as-privacy-demand-and-crackdowns-grow/

And don't forget Augur's REP was de-listed by Poloniex because of un-censorable gambling. Got to say, I consider every de-list as a very bullish signal.

And don't forget Augur's REP was de-listed by Poloniex because of un-censorable gambling. Got to say, I consider every de-list as a very bullish signal.

Hey there,

Why do you consider it bullish? I'm always looking for opportunity.....

My read-through of the article indicates the beginning of the end for privacy based coins. I picture the DEA starting to put pressure on exchanges to prove the privacy based coin origins just like in that screenshot. Exchanges won't want to deal with that crap. Pulling a coin off of an exchange shouldn't make it's price rise. What am I missing, or did you mean just for Dash?

Hey there,

Why do you consider it bullish? I'm always looking for opportunity.....

My read-through of the article indicates the beginning of the end for privacy based coins. I picture the DEA starting to put pressure on exchanges to prove the privacy based coin origins just like in that screenshot. Exchanges won't want to deal with that crap. Pulling a coin off of an exchange shouldn't make it's price rise. What am I missing, or did you mean just for Dash?

A de-listing is a threat to the establishment, that they're losing the battle with the technology itself. If an exchange / government is banning, say,, privacy coins, it means they are struggling under load to identify users in a timely manner. In the case of Augur, they see an attack on taxes from "illegal gambling". They can slow this stuff down but the tech is clearly winning.

We need to re-write the narrative and stop calling them "privacy coins". if we call them privacy coins, they say, "what are you hiding?". They are, in fact, coins with high fungibility, that's all.

A de-listing is a threat to the establishment, that they're losing the battle with the technology itself. If an exchange / government is banning, say,, privacy coins, it means they are struggling under load to identify users in a timely manner. In the case of Augur, they see an attack on taxes from "illegal gambling". They can slow this stuff down but the tech is clearly winning.

We need to re-write the narrative and stop calling them "privacy coins". if we call them privacy coins, they say, "what are you hiding?". They are, in fact, coins with high fungibility, that's all.

It's really just semantics...... We can call it anything we want but the writing is on the wall.

SALT was recently delisted by Bittrex and now Factom will no longer be available to US traders 06/22/19 - seems there is a lot of this going around.

This comes after the exchange received an, No information could be found through other official BitOasis communication channels other than screenshots of the email sent to customers. Explain the ultimate purpose/end use of funds, the reasons for the withdrawal and beneficiary if the user had deposited, bought, or withdrew ZCash or Monero, respectively.According to the email screenshot Users will only be able to exchange them to AED or BTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back