• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Beware of very nasty group of people

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
hey guys, I stumbled upon a thread tonight , and then strangely, one of the people on the thread showed up and just started attacking at the get go, and I recognized him from this thread as I had just seen it about an hour ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5926219#msg5926219

The thread is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522235.0

Looks like it started on the 19th of March.

They're talking about all kinds of ways to attack alt coins, and I'm worried they'll try to destabilize us. I don't know what they can do, but they're a real ugly bunch of people!

I agree with the sentiment, there are too many carbon copy altcoins in my opinion. However that's just my opinion, isn't the whole idea behind cryptocurrency freedom and choice? Who am I to tell people their coin is "wrong", let them do what they want. Running around attacking coins you deem unworthy is plain stupid and uncalled for. To sum up my opinions, I don't like how many indistinguishable coins are popping up either but these guys are idiots.

I only read the first page but I think we're exempt:
Coins that will be exempt are
-Coins older than 8 months. The original pioneers of what the majoirty of people now here are calling new.
-Coins with innovation not imitation pretending to be innovation.

Last edited by a moderator:
no, they've been coming in and been nasty. Thing is, Bitcoin is so stagnant. Developers are paralyzed with fear of disrupting the system, they can't innovate. Even if there are nothing but s-coins, they have proven so many ideas. Doge shows how important an active community is, Aurora may very well get their 50% premined coins distributed to a huge percentage of the Icelandic population, then they'll have an amazing petri dish to watch! Prime has an interesting scientific purpose, though I'm not sure it's going to be much of a currency.

And of course, Darkcoin, which has everything a coin could want, yet may not make it due to being too subtle in the crypto world. I sure as heck hope not, but I'm not good at this stuff either :eek:

I think these people need to look harder into what they are attacking. DRK doesn't fit their criteria at all.

I don't think anyone ever has the right to attack anyone else. Looks scammie, smells scammie, is scammie, let people figure it out on their own. We can't protect everybody, everyone has to be responsible for themselves. I'm prepared to lose what I put into this. I take it as a learning experience and do not want anyone protecting me thank you very much, Especially a gang of goons! And definitely not the government!

Lol this shitcoin thread is fun to read. These people have too much time and no idea how much potential altcoins release.

Failcoins will fail without anyone trying to make it fail. All coins which survive at least 3 months should have a good reason why they did.

I am afraid I overestimated them. They seem to be a bunch of windbags of hate. I'm a bit embarrassed that I was alarmed. I doubt anyone was responsible for Auroracoin's fork of the blockchain, though they'd like to claim responsibility. It seems there were only 16 wallets running, which is amazingly small. I need to read up on that, see where they went wrong. But since it's only 16 wallets, I don't see why they can't get back on the correct chain and continue. I think it's a very interesting concept, now that they're actually trying to do the "air drop". What if it works? It'd be pretty amazing!

Back