• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikalminer 2000MH manufacturer purchase Journal

Scrapper

Hi everybody.

I've been following dash for some time now and today I finally decided to try out mining Dash and join the community.

So for my 1st post I thought I'd share my experience with purchasing the 2000MH miner from baikalminer.

I want to make the purchase and post updates on transaction's progress from paying to shipping to mining.

So far I have contacted the baikalminer manufacturer via their email " [email protected] " I asked about payment and delivery methods, all seemed consistent with what I have read on the forums with the exception of offering bank wire transfers as a payment option as they will suspend BTC starting 1st of August.

Note: the BTC suspension was told to me via skype : baikalminer
And yes I checked to make sure the person I was talking to on skype was not a scammer...they sent me a reply email that was the same as the official one from the website.

I want to get somebody's thoughts on this...should I go ahead with a wire transfer thing or just use crypto ? or does the real baikal not use wire transfers at all ?

And yes I double checked the website and email just to make sure they are not the scam websites / sellers

Cheers

Welcome, scrapper. How much are they selling you the Giant+ for? They offered me $4k, which is ok. As far as $/MHs ratio, Baikal isn't doing too Greta with all the new miners that came out a few weeks ago, but because it's fairly hard to get your hands on a miner these days, you can probably give it a shot.

Baikalminer seems the legit Skype ID.

Thanks mrearhbound, ya the offer was for $4k including shipping, and yes you are absolutely right, I've been looking for a while and all the new miners seem to be out of stock the rest are offered up by scammers :(
any idea when some new miners would be available and a legit place to get them ?
for now I'll give baikalminer a shot and see how things go, hopefully the difficulty won't cripple mining these coming months much :D

I'd recommend joining GigaWatt's slack and asking them. They're a legit site IMO. Their site is GigaWatt.sg.

I have a few of the old Giants, and they're making about 1.8 - 2 Dash / month, so a Giant+ should be making twice that amount. Difficulty will increase the following weeks probably just due to the DM11Gs. We probably got another month or 2 before Bitmain's + InnoSilicon's ASICs hit the market.

Just saw a DM11G for $18k on alibaba lol...no way !!!

Thanks for the tip, I'll check out GigaWatt's slack and see what's up.

And ya mining these couple of months should be ok...but I worry will the giant+ even be profitable enough after that to cover the initial investment ?

Calculator says you ROI in a little over 5 months, so even a Giant+ I think is worth buying if you can't get a hold of the other ones.

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculator...602&er=0.06779000&btcer=2773.12340000&hc=4000

On X11 it takes 430 watts, also the ROI is under current market situation, this ROI period will increase alot when iBelink start shipping units next week so practically only chance Baikal miners Giant Plus can have on quick ROI is to immediately ship it for $1500 and then ROI would be 63 days in present position and probably 120 or 180 days when iBelink units get active.

So this way baikal giant owners would be able to get a ROI quickly before D3 and InnoSillicon monsters jump in and make it difficult for them to survive.

Calculator says you ROI in a little over 5 months, so even a Giant+ I think is worth buying if you can't get a hold of the other ones.

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculator...602&er=0.06779000&btcer=2773.12340000&hc=4000
HERE you ARE again.

Just saw a DM11G for $18k on alibaba lol...no way !!!

Thanks for the tip, I'll check out GigaWatt's slack and see what's up.

And ya mining these couple of months should be ok...but I worry will the giant+ even be profitable enough after that to cover the initial investment ?

dude, i just got one from them, and by "just" i mean, yesterday. It's super good and working well.

pm me if you would need any assistance. i can forward you all the contact details, if in case you get paranoid like i did right before the purchase. (i was literally going a bit nuts, cz it seems like everyone's a scam, and with all the fake id's and etc)

anyways, [email protected] , this is their legit email.

let me know if you need help, i can feel the pain.

@Markdroplet

Do you have any updates on the miner you received from Baikal? I'm very interested in buying one but would like to do some due diligence before ordering.

What was the lead time on shipping after sending a payment to Baikal?

the machine is all good, been operating 24/7. but the payout from mining has been dropping. it was almost 0.125dash/day for the first 3 day, and now it's only getting 10/day...

In terms of the lead time, if they tell you they have them in stock, then they will ship it out probably as soon as they get the money, the shipping period depends on where you are.

@Markdroplet

Do you have any updates on the miner you received from Baikal? I'm very interested in buying one but would like to do some due diligence before ordering.

What was the lead time on shipping after sending a payment to Baikal?

Hi, all. I have a few Baikal Giant+ 2000 Mhs units. I am using them myself. I might think to sell out when I get a really really good proposition. I can see that many are looking for opportunity to buy the one. What would you like to offer? Please be serious and respectful. Make me interested. Send me "PM" private message, please. I can speak Russian and English fluently. Replies in the forum thread will be ignored as per the rules and ethics of this forum. Replies in the forum thread will be ignored as per the rules and ethics of this forum.

Attachments

• baikal.JPG
    baikal.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 114
Back