• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikal upgrading, worth it?

Andy45

Hello!

I am a proud owner of a Baikal Cube :) and given how much prices (and availability) have come down for Giants, I have been thinking about upgrading to a Giant. I would like to ask your opinion if you think it still makes sense given the onslaught of new generation of 20-30G miners coming online in the next 2-4 months? Would it really make a difference? Or is it better to just go straight to one of the more powerful machines once they're more widely available? My thought was to use the Giant for mining qubit or quark algos as I believe the new Antminers, etc. are only capable of mining X11 algo, as a way to survive the upcoming increase in difficulty. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

it has been in use since April/May and some late June 2017 ( ca. 30 Baikal Giants), 1x Qube, and 11xMini grouped in one.
If you are interested, let me know so we discuss a reasonable price.

Do you feel, in general, that smaller and older equipment will stop being profitable and therefore tank in value? As I mentioned, I am concerned that the influx of high hashrate equipment is going to dramatically raise the difficulty level, so the small stuff (i.e. cubes) won't be able to keep up. Just wondering if I need to start selling the older stuff..

Back