• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

ASIC equipment life span

dashminelover

Hello crypto people

I am just starting with mining and was wondering what is the average lifespan of ASIC mining equipment
For example
iBeLink released 10.8GHs equipment , what would be its average life span based on its previous ASIC miners released.
Similarly like Baikal released ASIC miners, whats their average life span?

Thank you.

i have been mining with Btc asic for years, and what i found is that about 50% are dying after about 3 years. btw 3 years is likely about the time that you need to upgrade.

i guess Dash asic miner should have similiar quality

i have been mining with Btc asic for years, and what i found is that about 50% are dying after about 3 years. btw 3 years is likely about the time that you need to upgrade.

Wow 3 years is a good time, love to see dash asic miner working for same duration atleast. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yeah, 3 years seems like a sweet period to have your miner work.

@mrearthbound
whats your experience?

I've been mining for just over 3 months on a few Baikal Giant units. One of them was fairly used and the other ones are *supposedly* new. Haven't had a failure from the unit itself yet. Although what I've been told fails most about the Baikal ASICs are the SD cards (recommended Class 10) and the Orange Pi controller (just $20 or so)

I've been mining for just over 3 months on a few Baikal Giant units. One of them was fairly used and the other ones are *supposedly* new. Haven't had a failure from the unit itself yet. Although what I've been told fails most about the Baikal ASICs are the SD cards (recommended Class 10) and the Orange Pi controller (just $20 or so)
whats the temperature in your country? are you in a cold or hot country?
If hot do you use AC for colling?

whats the temperature in your country? are you in a cold or hot country?
If hot do you use AC for colling?

It's not that hot around where I live. ~26C is about average. I don't use AC. I've been trying to get the Thermoelectric Cooling cells to work out, but the one they shipped me had a really crappy fan, and am trying to get a big heat sink + fan to cool the miners even further.

It's not that hot around where I live. ~26C is about average. I don't use AC. I've been trying to get the Thermoelectric Cooling cells to work out, but the one they shipped me had a really crappy fan, and am trying to get a big heat sink + fan to cool the miners even further.

Glad to know that.

Ok give me a word of advice, at my place the temperature is usually ~32C to ~40C in Summers and in Winters its ~14C to ~25C

For one iBeLink do you think a fan will be enough or i should switch on AC ?

Glad to know that.

Ok give me a word of advice, at my place the temperature is usually ~32C to ~40C in Summers and in Winters its ~14C to ~25C

For one iBeLink do you think a fan will be enough or i should switch on AC ?

32 ~ 40 C sounds hot to me... I guess it all depends on how much you want your miner to heat. According to the DM11G I found online, the operating temperature is 0 ~ 40, so who knows how much your fan would be able to cool down.

Given that the DM11G will make you ~ 50 Dash / month, I'd say it can take care of the AC bills if it comes to that.

32 ~ 40 C sounds hot to me... I guess it all depends on how much you want your miner to heat. According to the DM11G I found online, the operating temperature is 0 ~ 40, so who knows how much your fan would be able to cool down.

Given that the DM11G will make you ~ 50 Dash / month, I'd say it can take care of the AC bills if it comes to that.

Thanks for your feedback, you said that DM11 G will make ~50 Dash but the online calculators shows 32 DASH

Thanks for your feedback, you said that DM11 G will make ~50 Dash but the online calculators shows 32 DASH
My calculations are based on the rate at which my Giants currently mine Dash, and multiplied by 12 (900MH/s * 12 = 10.8 GH/s). IMO, this is a more accurate method of calculating the profit because the online calculators will give you the profitability for a specific difficulty at any point in time, which, like you see from this graph in coinwarz, varies *a lot* throughout the day. E.g. you get 592k diff in July 16th at 00:00 hrs vs 263k just 8 hours later (50% diff decrease in 8 hours).

Attachments

• 2017-07-18_0533.png
    2017-07-18_0533.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 120
My calculations are based on the rate at which my Giants currently mine Dash, and multiplied by 12 (900MH/s * 12 = 10.8 GH/s). IMO, this is a more accurate method of calculating the profit because the online calculators will give you the profitability for a specific difficulty at any point in time, which, like you see from this graph in coinwarz, varies *a lot* throughout the day. E.g. you get 592k diff in July 16th at 00:00 hrs vs 263k just 8 hours later (50% diff decrease in 8 hours).

I see, you are expert!. Whats your forcast for Dash to USD value by December 2017 and next year 2018?

I see, you are expert!. Whats your forecast for Dash to USD value by December 2017 and next year 2018?
Thanks, but not by any means do I consider myself an expert, just an eager learner. I haven't done much analysis in the price of Dash to make forecasts. I was expecting Evolution (Dash version 13.0) to be released by December, but according to the latest roadmap, it's going to be pushed over to June 2018. I'm betting a lot on the launch of Evolution so that people can use it as easily as they use PayPal, and with the Point of Sale app merchant distribution, Dash will achieve mainstream adoption. You can imagine how high the price will skyrocket to when the whole world wants to use a decentralized, fast, secure and efficient coin.

Thanks, but not by any means do I consider myself an expert, just an eager learner. I haven't done much analysis in the price of Dash to make forecasts. I was expecting Evolution (Dash version 13.0) to be released by December, but according to the latest roadmap, it's going to be pushed over to June 2018. I'm betting a lot on the launch of Evolution so that people can use it as easily as they use PayPal, and with the Point of Sale app merchant distribution, Dash will achieve mainstream adoption. You can imagine how high the price will skyrocket to when the whole world wants to use a decentralized, fast, secure and efficient coin.

Thatss really getting interested, i wish they do it soon. I read the roadmap but want to learn more about how dash will be so easy to be used as PayPal, any specific link detailing that?

Thatss really getting interested, i wish they do it soon. I read the roadmap but want to learn more about how dash will be so easy to be used as PayPal, any specific link detailing that?
For that, I'll probably have to rely on some other more knowledgeable user from the community. Honestly what little I know about Evolution is what Evan D. told Amanda in a few interviews here and here.

I'm not really sure about how is the security going to be handled as far as username and password turning into public and private keys, where are they going to be stored so that you can access your account from any device and not have a vulnerability from getting your info stolen from a centralized server or something. I'm thinking it may have something to do with multi signatures, but that's just a guess.

For that, I'll probably have to rely on some other more knowledgeable user from the community. Honestly what little I know about Evolution is what Evan D. told Amanda in a few interviews here and here.

I'm not really sure about how is the security going to be handled as far as username and password turning into public and private keys, where are they going to be stored so that you can access your account from any device and not have a vulnerability from getting your info stolen from a centralized server or something. I'm thinking it may have something to do with multi signatures, but that's just a guess.

Okay, thanks. Keep me posted

I am giving you +1 :)

Welcome, lookslike now Bitmain also released Dash miner 15 GHs, at much lower price as compared to iBeLink, what do you think will be its impact on Dash. And which company product better quality product is it iBeLink or Bitmain?

Wow... This is hot news! I didn't believe it, but it seems to be real! How can it be... 15GH/s for $2700, while iBeLink's DM11G is 10.8 GH/s for $5000 - $7500?!

https://steemit.com/dash/@virtualcoin/bitmain-launches-the-best-dash-miner

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170718203947438V537cuy7067F

Back