• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Another) Abe Question

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
Everything seems to be working well, but get the following error message when requests are made. Will this cause a problem? Can anyone tell me what it means please?

RPC Failed: [Errno socket error] [Error 111] Connection refused
catch_up_rpc: abort

The daemon might reject the rpcuser/password. Or its not running. Or it's listening on wrong port.

Whats your configuration? And what requests are that?

Abe is not able to connect to your darkcoin rpc service - do you have configured it in darkcoin.conf (rpcuser/rpcpassword)?

Abe is not able to connect to your darkcoin rpc service - do you have configured it in darkcoin.conf (rpcuser/rpcpassword)?

I don't think so. I checked that file and it has the default text that I copied when I created it :oops:. I've added some random strings to it. Should that be enough or do I have to also add those elsewhere? How come it still seems to work?

The daemon might reject the rpcuser/password. Or its not running. Or it's listening on wrong port.

Whats your configuration? And what requests are that?
My config did look a bit wrong in the darkcoin.conf. I've just been using basic api calls for balance checks, difficulty, block number, etc. Seemed to be working though!

I don't think so. I checked that file and it has the default text that I copied when I created it :oops:. I've added some random strings to it. Should that be enough or do I have to also add those elsewhere? How come it still seems to work?

My config did look a bit wrong in the darkcoin.conf. I've just been using basic api calls for balance checks, difficulty, block number, etc. Seemed to be working though!
What version of abe are you using?

Ahh, OK. Thanks flare. I checked the data I was pulling and everything looked great, but was worried that something somewhere else was screwed. I'll try that suggestion now though, if only to keep things tidy :grin:

Cheers!

Should be fine - temporary workaround: you can get rid of the messages by setting the loader to "blkfile" instead of "default". This disables the rpc calls.

Is there (apart from the dependency on the block-file format) a downside to use this all the time?

Is there (apart from the dependency on the block-file format) a downside to use this all the time?
There may be a performance drawback on explorers with low request count, as the DB is only updated if there is a http request incoming. I switched official explorer to blkfile two days ago because of the fork, as rpc stops working if in safe mode. No issues so far.

Back