• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

After 12.1, Multiple "New Start Required" Errors

I performed the upgrade to 12.1 simply by upgrading Dashman. Ever since I upgraded, my MNs continuously go good for 1-2 days before giving the error of "New Start Required" or "Upgrade". When I log onto the servers, I notice that dashd is not running and I have to restart it again through Dashman. Most of the time because I can't restart shortly after it fails, I have to start my MNs from my local wallet all over again which is causing me to miss payouts. Sometimes 1 server gives that error, sometimes 2 do, and sometimes all of them do. Each time, I have to go in and restart dashd.

Is there a reason why this keeps happening? I am using VULTR servers with 768 MBs.

Also, is there a script I can use to have dashman restart dashd if it detects that it shut down?

Thanks!

Check /var/log/syslog - it could be that system (OOM) is killing dashd due to high resource usage.
To fix this either upgrade to a better instance or consider using swapfile.
Smth like this:
Code:
sudo fallocate -l 4G /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
Then open /etc/fstab file and add this line
Code:
/swapfile   none    swap    sw    0   0

Check /var/log/syslog - it could be that system (OOM) is killing dashd due to high resource usage.
To fix this either upgrade to a better instance or consider using swapfile.
Smth like this:
Code:
sudo fallocate -l 4G /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
Then open /etc/fstab file and add this line
Code:
/swapfile   none    swap    sw    0   0

Thank you for your response.

How do you open the fstab? I'm not familiar with ubuntu.

Back