• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A Swedish or Scandinavian forum

Bergstrom

Foundation Member
As long as the Finnish got a section I need something to happen to the Swedish or Scandinavian forum. We, the people can´t understand the Finnish people. But the people from Norway, Sweden, Denmark can understand each other fairly. How about making something for us?

And the Finnish has had Swedish as their second language since not long ago.

As long as the Finnish got a section I need something to happen to the Swedish or Scandinavian forum. We, the people can´t understand the Finnish people. But the people from Norway, Sweden, Denmark can understand each other fairly. How about making something for us?

But you Swedes speak English fluently, better than anyone else in the world, do you really need your own forum? :grin:

Yes, the best English in Scandinavia! But if someone wants to interact or feels more comfortable with another language I think the forum admin should accommodate.

Yes, the best English in Scandinavia! But if someone wants to interact or feels more comfortable with another language I think the forum admin should accommodate.
I'm sure Propulsion will agree. Most localization forums are quite inactive, but I really hope that will change in the future.

I'm not too particular on adding more language forums as they are all very inactive at the moment. I know the Fin's right across the gulf have a language forum but it might become consolidated due to lack of activity. At this time, I might just add an "Other Language" forum and whichever language utilizes it the most will receive their own forum.

With all the languages in the world, it's impossible to accommodate each and every one. Starting now, only high activity languages will receive a forum with low to no activity ones removed.

I'm not too particular on adding more language forums as they are all very inactive at the moment. I know the Fin's right across the gulf have a language forum but it might become consolidated due to lack of activity. At this time, I might just add an "Other Language" forum and whichever language utilizes it the most will receive their own forum.

With all the languages in the world, it's impossible to accommodate each and every one. Starting now, only high activity languages will receive a forum with low to no activity ones removed.

If you don´t want all these languages piling up on the main forum page - create a subforum for other languages and then add them there. Come on, the Swedes led the broadband revolution! We need a test drive at least...

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bout a mixed lingual subforum, where people just create threads with there language tag? Just a thought. TOo many subforums blur the forum.

Or close all subforums and only create dedicated lingual subforums if at least 10 dedicated members vote for one language and one volunteers to be linguist (board admin).

Or close all subforums and only create dedicated lingual subforums if at least 10 dedicated members vote for one language and one volunteers to be linguist (board admin).

This is a good idea. Looking at the 17 languages that are current, it seems that only two have over 100 messages.

I'm going to remove the following:
  • Finnish
  • Dutch
  • Greek
  • India
  • South Korea
  • Vietnamese
After a month we'll reevaluate the activity in them and prune again if needed. I know everyone wants their own language to be a forum but if it's not active, it's a waste of resources and an eye sore.

Now we just need to come up with a way to have new language forums implemented. Maybe a poll with at least 10 unique members voting for it. I'll make a thread for it.

This is a good idea. Looking at the 17 languages that are current, it seems that only two have over 100 messages.

I'm going to remove the following:
  • Finnish
  • Dutch
  • Greek
  • India
  • South Korea
  • Vietnamese
After a month we'll reevaluate the activity in them and prune again if needed. I know everyone wants their own language to be a forum but if it's not active, it's a waste of resources and an eye sore.

Now we just need to come up with a way to have new language forums implemented. Maybe a poll with at least 10 unique members voting for it. I'll make a thread for it.
Just move all other threads to a subforum "other languages" and people should be able to start polls in that subforum.

Back